WrathOfHan

Weekend Actuals (Page 93): TFA 42.35M | The Revenant 39.83M | Daddy's Home 15.02M | The Forest 12.74M | Sisters 7.19M

Just now, RogueLeader said:

I think its time we start discussing the REALISTIC final gross of the film then. If it isn't going to be 1 BN, than what are we looking at?

950? Maybe! Is even that too much to hope for now?

$1B domestic gross isn't happening at this point but $950M is definitely still in play. An astounding result beyond description either way.

6 minutes ago, filmlover said:

$1B domestic gross isn't happening at this point but $950M is definitely still in play. An astounding result beyond description either way.

Well, if it does get to 950, then there is still hope for a "Special Edition" down the line, that could hopefully get it to 1 billion in the future.

Just a shame it couldn't make it on its first run.

Star Wars could be pulled from theaters after this weekend and it would still be an astounding gross.

Carol has definitely grown on me. I actually like it now. Really amazing performances from both leads. And the story is kind of relevant.

Looks like me and Gopher agree on another film.

• Like 2

Well i didnt get through five films today but the two i did watch were good but not epic. 

Have a funeral to go to tomorrow. Cancer claims another....so i probably shouldn't try for a third.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Baumer said:

Well i didnt get through five films today but the two i did watch were good but not epic. 

Have a funeral to go to tomorrow. Cancer claims another....so i probably shouldn't try for a third.

Come to England dude, I'll show you how to hit 7 in one day ;)

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Baumer said:

Star Wars could be pulled from theaters after this weekend and it would still be an astounding gross.

Carol has definitely grown on me. I actually like it now. Really amazing performances from both leads. And the story is kind of relevant.

Looks like me and Gopher agree on another film.

Yep, this weekend is disappointing because it ends any chance at a billion but in the grand scheme of things nothing this movie does box office wise is really a true disappointment when you fly past Avatar's domestic record.

6 minutes ago, SchumacherFTW said:

Come to England dude, I'll show you how to hit 7 in one day ;)

You guys are crazy......... and here I thought I was a Movieholic (I normally have a movie day once a month where I watch 3 movies in a row.....)

So glad to see Star Wars possibly losing #1 to a movie like The Revenant. Don't know how you guys can see a movie three times, much less seven times. I'd rather spend money on a potentially bad movie (Daddy's Home, for example) I haven't seen than a good one I've already seen. 

Edited by tonytr87
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, MovieMan89 said:

8 times for Sorcerer's Stone, including back to back on OD. ;)

I remember my parents literally forcing me to go to watch the movie. We were on holiday and they said that we were gonna go see it, and I REALLY didn't want to lol

And then from the first moment, I was hooked. I remember how excited I was after the movie ended. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, tonytr87 said:

So glad to see Star Wars possibly losing #1 to a movie like The Revenant. Don't know how you guys can see a movie three times, much less seven times. I'd rather spend money on a potentially bad movie (Daddy's Home, for example) I haven't seen than a good one I've already seen. 

But that's you. Anyway, thx for sharing.

• Like 2