Impact

Best Picture predictions-2016!

Awards Daily, August 27, 2016

http://www.awardsdaily.com/2016/08/27/predictions-friday-whole-lotta-shaking-going-on/

Best Picture
Loving
Manchester by the Sea
Silence
Billy Lynn’s Long Halftime Walk
20th Century Women
La La Land
Arrival
Sully
Lion
Hell or High Water
Alt. Hidden Figures

Edited by cannastop

4 hours ago, slambros said:

I'm having more and more doubt that Silence will even release this year, to be honest... It's been awhile since we've heard any news at all... I guess it would make a prime 2017 candidate against Dunkirk, though.

I wouldn't worry about that. The Big Short didn't get a release date until September and it ended being one of the biggest contenders last year.

• Like 1

http://www.vulture.com/2016/08/early-oscar-predictions-c-v-r.html

Still, if voters crave a fizzy counterbalance to Manchester, I think they’ll flock to Florence Foster Jenkins, the Meryl Streep comedy about a dreadful but committed opera singer. The Academy has been trying to weed out some of its elderly members as of late, butFlorence is exactly the sort of film that demographic usually goes for: a well-made yarn about showbiz put together by pros, like past Best Picture winners The Artist and Argo. Underestimate it in any category at your own peril.

I enjoyed the film but you'd have to do about a silver medals' worth of mental gymnastics to think it deserves a BP nom. So far the only movie I feel is anything close to a lock is Billy Lynn.

On 1/15/2016 at 0:52 PM, tribefan695 said:

Silence

Story of Your Life

Hacksaw Ridge

Untitled Zemeckis WWII

Sully

The Great Wall

The BFG

Everybody Wants Some

Billy Lynn

Finding Dory

Not much in the way of obvious Oscar bait this year, at least so far. Think a few blockbusters could find their way in

Take out Great Wall, BFG, EWS, and Finding Dory, replace w/ Hell or High Water, La La Land, Elle, and Manchester by the Sea

Would be pleasantly surprised by a showing from Kubo/Zootopia, but I know it's not gonna happen

Edited by tribefan695

lol The Great Wall's not even getting nominated for any Oscars, period.

I made that prediction before the whole delay/trailer thing . Was expecting / hoping for the usual elegant Zhang epic that just happened to have some American starpower to give it a commercial boost

First GoldDerby expert predictions for Best Picture nominations (doesn't include Silence):

http://www.goldderby.com/awardshows/expert-predictions/oscars-nominations-2017/picture/sort/recent/

Manchester by the Sea - 18
La La Land - 17
Billy Lynn's Long Halftime Walk - 16
Loving - 16
The Birth of a Nation - 15
Fences - 15
Moonlight - 9
American Pastoral - 7
Arrival - 7
20th Century Women - 7

Lion - 5
Snowden - 5
Allied - 4
The Girl on the Train - 4
Sully - 4
The Lobster - 2
A Monster Calls - 2
Passengers - 2
Toni Erdmann - 2
American Honey - 1
Collateral Beauty - 1
Denial - 1
Elle - 1
Eye in the Sky - 1
The Founder - 1
Gold - 1
Hell or High Water - 1
Hidden Figures - 1
Love & Friendship - 1
Miss Sloane - 1
Nocturnal Animals - 1
Rules Don't Apply - 1
Zootopia - 1

Edited by Alpha
  • Like 1

I promised myself I wouldn't care this year but fuck it, I don't see me hating any of the potential contenders as much as I hate Innaritu films.

Anyway, currently seeing it as a La La Land vs. Fences race, with potential for Silence to upset if it's a masterpiece. However, La La Land v. Fences extends to both Actor and Actress as well haha

39 minutes ago, Blankments said:

I promised myself I wouldn't care this year but fuck it, I don't see me hating any of the potential contenders as much as I hate Innaritu films.

You probably promised yourself you wouldn't care after Lego got snubbed :redcapes: