Impact

Best Picture predictions-2016!

3 hours ago, Impact said:

Does Universal have any Oscar contenders?

I guess maybe The Girl on the Train but I don't think that's going very far, especially after Gone Girl got completely shut out besides Best Actress (and sorry Emily, but you're likely to remain Oscar-nom-less.

I swear, if The Girl on the Train somehow gets more Oscar attention than Gone Girl... :wacko:

While nothing is a lock this early in the game, the first round of immense praise for La La Land should put the film in a pretty solid spot as far as awards contention is concerned. Here's to hoping that it slays at Toronto too.

2 minutes ago, filmlover said:

Nocturnal Animals is getting praised too. Have to imagine it'll be Focus Features' #1 this year. And between this and Arrival, Goddess Adams is destined to get Nomination #6 for one of these movies.

The Quest for O'Toole continues

1 hour ago, gavni63 said:

I know the chances are .001%,  but I really hope Swiss Army Man gets nominated for something.  Anything.

A24 will give Green Room a campaign before they give Swiss Army Man one and we all know that movie isn't getting a campaign at all.

• Like 1

Just now, Impact said:

I do think Sully has a decent chance right now to be nominated.

What is Fox's major campaign this year?

I guess Rules Don't Apply? Eh.

Although there are rumors that Hidden Figures will get a qualifying release ahead of its January wide launch but unless that movie becomes the next The Help, I don't think it's going very far with voters.

A24's big contender seems to be Moonlight, then maybe How to Talk to Girls at Parties unless that gets delayed till next year.

I'm hoping they give at least some push to The Lobster (so far it looks like it can dark horse its way into Screenplay, but nowhere else) and The Witch (this is much more of a pipe dream, but ideally the dialogue alone would give it a Screenplay nom, and if not that, how about Production & Costume Design at least?)