Flatliners
September 8th, 2017
It
October 20th, 2017
Insidious Chapter 4
October 27th, 2017
Untitled Saw Film

Hmmm.

No point in getting excited about High Top films or Blumhouse Tilt releases.

Looking forward to It, Annabelle 2, Saw, Flatliners and of course Friday the 13th.

Surprised, after how well Conjuring 2, Shallows, Purge and Lights Out have done this summer that there aren't any planned for June or July.

Maybe Blumhouse will fast track that Halloween film.

Worldwide 2016:

The Conjuring 2 $318,800,000

The Purge: Election Year $100,450,000

Lights Out $98,600,000

The Shallows $76,000,000

The Boy $64,200,000

The Witch $40,100,000

The Forest $37,600,000

The Darkness $10,800,000

Total: $746,600,000

The Conjuring 3, Purge 4 and Lights Out 2 won't be far away.

Upcoming:

Don't Breathe - August 26th

Blair Witch - September 16th

Ouija: Origin of Evil - October 21st

No idea what's actually happening with Before I Wake, Rings, Incarnate, Keep Watching and The Bye Bye Man.

6 minutes ago, theultimatebiu said:

Don't Breathe and Blair Witch look good. I suspect one of them to break out pretty big (BW, most likely).

Blair Witch will be my first film seen in american cinemas.

Going to Florida in 4 weeks, lol.

• Like 2

I watched some horror movies during my summer vacations, and I would like to share my opinion with you guys.

1. Unfriended: Loved this one! So creative and creepy, the characters are so 'well' written that you will find yourself wanting them to die asap, it also has a terrific message about bullying. Really good, it could have been a game changer to the genre if it had been successful. A- 

2. Krampus: Another surprise! I wasn't expecting nothing and it was actually pretty enjoyable, probably because I love thematic movies, especially X-Mas one, lol. I never heard about the creature before the movie and the movie did a good job explaining him to the audience, it has some pace problems, but nothing that hurt the experience. B+

3. The Forest: Not so bad as I expected! Nathalie gives a solid performance and it has some creepy moments, too bad that they didn't explore the forest more, because it was easily the most scary thing of the movie. B-

4. Hush: Wow, this one is overrated, don't? I thought it was boring and not tense at all, where's the whole tension that everybody talked about? C

5. Green Inferno: This movie is INSANE, and in a good way, Roth finally made a good movie again, he's always better when add black humor to the horror, and that's the reason why it works so well, how can I not have fun watching a bunch of hypocrites teenagers dying for something that they didn't even care for? I actually loved that shade that most of teenagers are most worried to looks cool defending something instead of even caring for the cause. A-

6. Visions: Is this a remake of Rosemary's baby? Because it's exactly the same thing, LOL. D 

7. Martyrs (remake): Terrible, it took away all the complexity of the original movie to focus in the violence aspect? Pathetic. D 

8. The Conjuring 2: M A S T E R P I E C E, I have to admit that even loving Wan, I never expected him to deliver such a strong sequel, but he did! TC2 is not only better than the first movie, but one of my fave horror movies of history, it probably is the peak of Wan's ability, I feel that everything that he learned since Insidious 1, he brought to this masterpiece. The aspect that I most love was the drama one, Wan knows pretty well that the public NEEDS to care with these characters, and that's why he write such a bunch of good characters, I don't think I ever saw a horror director having so much love and respect for his characters as Wan have, the horror aspect is strong as well, it has at least four memorable scenes, including one that is already in the hall of most iconic scenes of the genre. Overall it is a emotional roller coaster brought by a man that is changing the game since 2011. A+   

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Mockingjay Raphael said:

I watched some horror movies during my summer vacations, and I would like to share my opinion with you guys.

1. Unfriended: 6/10

2. Krampus: 6/10

3. The Forest: haven't seen.

4. Hush: 7/10

5. Green Inferno:  2/10

6. Visions: haven't seen

7. Martyrs (remake): 2/10

8. The Conjuring 2:  7/10

26 minutes ago, Krissykins said:

@Nova Orlando, doing all the parks but will fit in a cinema visit lol.

Grace Randolph told me to go to the Regal, is that what you'd suggest?

Have fun! It's a blast. I was just there in June! There's a ton of stuff to do. I go every year as my vacay because I love Disney/Universal that much and I feel like I haven't done everything lol 

But I've been to the Regal there and I would suggest it, as well as the AMC in Universal Studios. However if you're looking to fit it in then I'd suggest the Regal. 

I went to the AMC because it was raining in the park that day, and figured why not catch a movie while the storm passes haha 

Oh and just to specify because I'm not from Orlando, in regards to the Regal, I'm talking about the Regal Pointe Orlando. Just in case there is more than one Regal theater in Orlando that I don't know about lol 

Edited by Nova

57 minutes ago, Krissykins said:

@Nova Orlando, doing all the parks but will fit in a cinema visit lol.

Grace Randolph told me to go to the Regal, is that what you'd suggest?

Are you planning on going to the Pointe Orlando Regal? If so and it's not for IMAX, you're better off just going to the AMCs at Disney or Universal; parking is a pain in the ass at Pointe Orlando. 

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Krissykins said:

Ah, I didn't know there was an AMC in the parks! I'm staying right next to Universal Studios so I might as well go there.

It's for Blair Witch, so not IMAX.

Do AMC then. The AMC at Universal is on City Walk so you don't need to have a ticket to the park to go there. Since you are staying close by, you can make it a night out. There are restaurants and shops on City Walk so you could totally do dinner and a movie or shop around and stuff. Or if you plan on going to Universal for the day, you can just head to the theater before you leave.

I'm not too familiar with the AMC in Disney, as I have never been there. 

Edited by Nova
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Nova said:

Do AMC then. The AMC at Universal is on City Walk so you don't need to have a ticket to the park to go there. Since you are staying close by, you can make it a night out. There are restaurants and shops on City Walk so you could totally do dinner and a movie or shop around and stuff. Or if you plan on going to Universal for the day, you can just head to the theater before you leave.

I'm not too familiar with the AMC in Disney, as I have never been there. 

Ah that sounds like a good plan then, City Walk is included in my ticket package.

Thank you!

• Like 1

Given how well some of these have been received I might venture out of my comfort zone and watch a few of these.  The problem is I get truly freaked out over movies that feature things like people getting possessed by ghosts or demons