WrathOfHan

Weekend Estimates (Page 28): Kung Fu Panda 3 - 41M, The Finest Hours 0- 10.3M, The Revenant - 12.4M...Sunday holds better than expected.....SW over 11 mill and KFP3 over 41 pg 34

23 minutes ago, The Futurist said:

Allegiant  will do 100m ?

What about dat trailer and Woodley flying in giant soap bubbles ???

:unsure::wacko:

No 3D, no social media buzz (for a YA adaptation), loses all IMAX and PLF screens in just one week and the trailer hasn't hit 1M 500k views yet despite being out for over a week. I am thinking an OW of below 40M and a finish in the 80-90M range.

There is no real demand for tragedy films based on the recent past especially. America Sniper did so well because people wanted to show respect to Chris Kyle (mainly) and it was a good war film.

TFH and 13 Hours are underperforming because of the general malaise in the country. This is why TFA broke out so profoundly. Escapist fare is the zeitgeist of this year. Fortunately there is plenty of escapism on the way. We need it this year more than, oh about 1979.

Speaking of stirring up shit I think you have to be a fucking moron to suggest that there is "0% chance" that Rogue One makes $460M. Get real. In fact more like 50% chance at least that it makes that. Are you kidding me? Get out of here with that. You think you're some box office expert and a Star Wars movie can't make $460M? Like it's literally impossible?! Are you trolling or just that clueless?

Wow. Your time on here has been completely wasted. Or you're completely wasted while posting. Either way clueless.

Edited by JonathanLB

3 minutes ago, JonathanLB said:

Speaking of stirring up shit I think you have to be a fucking moron to suggest that there is "0% chance" that Rogue One makes $460M. Get real. In fact more like 50% chance at least that it makes that. Are you kidding me? Get out of here with that. You think you're some box office expert and a Star Wars movie can't make $460M? Like it's literally impossible?! Are you trolling or just that clueless?

Wow. Your time on here has been completely wasted. Or you're completely wasted while posting. Either way clueless.

You talkin' to me?

Anyway, Rogue will do at least 600M DOM. Yeah, I said it.

• Like 1

Fantastic Beasts would be really successful if it makes 200m. It may take place in the same universe but it is not a Harry Potter movie. It doesn't have Harry Potter or literally any of the characters from the original series. It is a spin off in every sense. 

• Like 2

Sigur Ros in trailers is still a thing ?

I thought that ship sailed long ago.

Not as long as Cameron Crowe is still working, at least.

What annoys me most is they have a whole library of cinematic, inspirational songs but everyone just keeps going back to either Hoppipolla or something from Jonsi's solo album

http://deadline.com/2016/01/weekend-box-office-kung-fu-panda-3-finest-hours-fifty-shades-of-black-1201692571/

some highlights

$11.3M and an opening weekend of $41M for Panda

The Revenant stays strong with an industry estimated $3.27M Friday and sixth weekend of $11.6M

Disney’s The Finest Hours  is looking to open with $10.5M weekend in third at 3,143 venues after a $3.5M Friday

Disney also owns the No. 4 film, Star Wars: The Force Awakenswhich is still looking at a double digit weekend with an estimated $10.3M

Open Road/IM Global’s Fifty Shades of Black is more like Fifty Shade of Red with the film coming in far below its $9M-$10M projection for a $6.3M weekend at 2,075 theaters.

Edited by Ryan Reynolds
  • Like 1

Had planned to go see KFP3 after hitting my word count for the day, but I ended up not feeling well and staying in.

Instead I continued my trek to cover the Spielberg films I hadn't seen with Empire of the Sun. Good, but I liked The Color Purple better.

• Like 2

1). Kung Fu Panda 3 (DWA/FOX), 3,955 theaters / $11.3M Fri. / 3-day cume: $41.1M /  Wk 1

2). The Revenant (FOX), 3,330 theaters (-381) / $3.27M Fri. / 3-day cume: $11.6M (-27%) / Total cume: $137.4M / Wk 6

3). The Finest Hours (DIS), 3,143 theaters / $3.5M Fri. / 3-day cume: $10.5M / Wk 1

4). Star Wars: The Force Awakens (DIS), 2,556 theaters (-809) / $2.7M Fri. / 3-day cume: $10.3M (-27%)/ Total cume: $894.9M / Wk 7

5). Ride Along 2 (UNI), 2,412 theaters (-780) / $2.3M Fri. / 3-day cume: $8M (-36%) / Total cume: $70.5M / Wk 3

6). The Boy (STX), 2,671 theaters (0)/ $2.2M Fri. / 3-day cume: $6.7M(-38%)/Total cume: $20.4M/ Wk 2

7). The 5th Wave (SONY), 2,908 theaters (0) / $1.88MFri./ 3-day cume: $6.4M(-38%) /Total cume: $19.59M/ Wk 2

8). Dirty Grandpa (LGF), 2,912 theaters (0)/ $2.1M Fri. / 3-day cume:  $6.4M(-43%)/Total cume:$21.6M /Wk 2

9). Fifty Shades of Black (OR/IMG), 2,075 theaters / $2.2M Fri. / 3-day cume: $6.3M / Wk 1

10.) 13 Hours: The Secret Soldiers of Benghazi (PAR), 2,803 theaters (-114) / $1.8M Fri. / 3-day cume: $5.8M (-35%) / Total cume: $42.4M / Wk 3

• Like 5