grim22

Fast X | May 19 2023 | Part 1 of an epic finale trilogy | Critics say Jason Momoa does a good job

1 hour ago, Firepower said:

500m range is probably happening, maybe even less with bad WOM. China drop alone results in less than 600 mln WW, now let's see other markets. It's gonna be a legendary bomb, even in hell.

theaters in my country were still closed when F9 released; it will definitely see gains in certain territories and domestic isn't losing more than 50 million in the worst case scenario

considering that and since the china drop is already baked in, I dont see where it can even lose enough money to be anything more than a flop

Edited by interiorgatordecorator
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, interiorgatordecorator said:

theaters in my country were still closed when F9 released; it will definitely see gains in certain territories and domestic isn't losing more than 50 million in the worst case scenario

considering that and since the china drop is already baked in, I dont see where it can even lose enough money to be anything more than a flop

See people like you using the COVID excuse seems to think those who didn't watch Fast 9 in the theatres are going to be flocking to see Fast X there........ have you considered the possibility that many will not bother? Either they are done with the franchise cause they skipped Fast 9, or they have been trained to wait for streaming. 

1 hour ago, scytheavatar said:

See people like you using the COVID excuse seems to think those who didn't watch Fast 9 in the theatres are going to be flocking to see Fast X there........ have you considered the possibility that many will not bother? Either they are done with the franchise cause they skipped Fast 9, or they have been trained to wait for streaming. 

not what I said

simply saying that many people were not allowed (or were too scared) to see F9 in theaters, even if only 50% (heck even if only 1%) of those who might have watched f9 in theaters watch fx that's still a net gain and a reason one should be careful about using f9 as a baseline

I also haven't checked whether the covid-ticket-price inflation had already happened in mid 2021 or not

instead of filling pages with people asking for spoilers we should just ask a mod permission to have someone post them

2 hours ago, interiorgatordecorator said:

not what I said

simply saying that many people were not allowed (or were too scared) to see F9 in theaters, even if only 50% (heck even if only 1%) of those who might have watched f9 in theaters watch fx that's still a net gain and a reason one should be careful about using f9 as a baseline

I also haven't checked whether the covid-ticket-price inflation had already happened in mid 2021 or not

You are assuming that 100% of those who watched F9 would want to watch FX...... have you considered that a large amount of these people wouldn't cause F9 is kindna shit? The downwards trend of the series since F7 has been clear. 

26 minutes ago, scytheavatar said:

You are assuming that 100% of those who watched F9 would want to watch FX...... have you considered that a large amount of these people wouldn't cause F9 is kindna shit? The downwards trend of the series since F7 has been clear. 

He said in certain countries the film will do better than F9 because they were basically dead theatrically at the time. Which is true. Even if it performs like complete shit for series standard in, say, Malaysia, it would still be a large improvement from F9 for example.

So there is a limit to how much this can really decline. I think people calling for sub 500 are just not being realistic for instance. At worst this is a high 500-low 600 film I think.

Didn't they officially announce the return of two people?

Spoiler

Anyway, regarding the ending... 

Spoiler

Aquaman try’s to flood the city! Aquaman theats the rock at the end! Wonder Woman shows up in a in a submarine

Spoiler

I don't know why spoilers for these horrible stupid movies would matter so much. Not even Universal cares since they already announced those two actors "comebacks" lol

Edited by Lighthouse