grim22

Fast X | May 19 2023 | Part 1 of an epic finale trilogy | Critics say Jason Momoa does a good job

13 hours ago, BoxOfficeFangrl said:

Can't wait to see if leaking the credit spoiler scene actually works. Kind of annoying to see the Film Twitter types lambasting The Wrap and pretending Universal didn't tacitly approve getting the word out.

If only Twitter views led to box office...

2 Fast 2 Furious was loaded with CGI race sequences, but the logic behind them was still somewhat grounded in reality. Ironically, as over the top as Fast Five was, most of the action was practical, which was a huge upgrade from the entirely CGI Fast and Furious reboot in 2009.  I would say Fast and Furious 6 is when the laws of physics were almost completely abandoned. Furious 7 is when the series fully embraced the Roger Moore era style of over the top gadget based action.

Edited by ThePhasmid
  • Like 3

I was thinking how many non-animated Universal films released in the 2010's got theatrical sequels/franchises going, and here they all are:

-Snow White and the Huntsman
-Ted

-Pitch Perfect

-The Purge

-Ride Along

-Neighbors

-Ouija

-Fifty Shades of Grey

-Unfriended 

-Split, technically

-A Dog's Purpose

-Happy Death Day

If they really are serious about extending the finale, in addition to releasing a sequel to Twister of all things (even with the Florida attraction not being around anymore), it's not hard to see why.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Mojoguy said:

China won't be saving another Fast movie this time. Fast X presales are in China horrible. F9 really killed the series there.

10% of F8! OMG!

Wonder who will Vin Diesel thanks this round if China BO really come underperform. 

• Haha 1

Kind of crazy how far this franchise has fallen since Furious 7. Looking back at April 2015’s box office, I still cannot believe that a Fast and Furious movie had a run like THAT. Just nuts.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, JohnnyGossamer said:

How about instead of all the PM requests, a SPOILERS thread is opened a bit early and the spoilers can be placed there?

Done and done. Sorry for not doing this sooner, as I just got home from work.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Grebacio said:

Gotta be honest, Momoa seems to be carrying the whole thing. Had 0 interest in this, but might check it out on streaming.

That's mirrored by those who have seen it. Momoa is the star here.

Edited by kayumanggi

2 hours ago, AJG said:

We are one desperate phone call away from Jurassic Fast. I’m dead serious.

2 franchise revivals in 1 film.

yrp9o4g5hae71.jpg?width=1282&format=pjpg

Jurassic doesn't need revival though.

Jurassic will remain relevant in future, Fast & Furious will not. They've run it into ground.

16 minutes ago, THUNDER BIRD said:

Jurassic will remain relevant in future, Fast & Furious will not. They've run it into ground.

Jurassic will definitely need revival after the awful reception of the last 2. Fast and Furious is on its 10th so some burn out was to be expected. The question is will WOM get things back on track for the new one.

Edited by PrinceRico

2 minutes ago, PrinceRico said:

Jurassic will definitely need revival after the awful reception of the last 2. Fayetteville and Furious is on its 10th so some burn out was to be expected. The question is will WOM get things back on track for the new one.

Revival is needed for franchises which are burried in ground.

What Jurassic needs is breathing space and they are good to go, also Dominion can be called awful reception, but Fallen Kingdom had shown decent trends almost everywhere it released.

• Like 3

Jurassic still the only Dino franchise, just needs a competent team behind it again to do a fun horror action and it'll be roaring back like it never left.

Fast is def past its peak, even as someone who still enjoys them, 7 should've been the conclusion. 8 saw a decent run because of goodwill off 5-7 and curiosity of how they'd handle it without Paul Walker but after that they're gonna perform like like they did around F5's time. And I don't see this franchise working as an eventual reboot? It's all in the cast of characters plus where do you start, street racing or super spies off the bat? It's a one and done, can't really recapture it.

TLDR; everyone involved got delusional thinking 7/8 was the new norm and jacked the budgets up to insane degrees.

Spoiler

Also I read the ending, it's fine? Pretty average cliffhanger, I don't really get the doomposting around it but I'd have to see it play out to fully judge obviously.

Edited by TheDude391
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, THUNDER BIRD said:

2 more Jurassic movies with this level of quality and they'll run it into the ground as well, they almost did it with JP3.

• ...wtf 1
  • Knock It Off 1