grim22

Fast X | May 19 2023 | Part 1 of an epic finale trilogy | Critics say Jason Momoa does a good job

8 hours ago, ThePhasmid said:

2 Fast 2 Furious was loaded with CGI race sequences, but the logic behind them was still somewhat grounded in reality. Ironically, as over the top as Fast Five was, most of the action was practical, which was a huge upgrade from the entirely CGI Fast and Furious reboot in 2009.  I would say Fast and Furious 6 is when the laws of physics were almost completely abandoned. Furious 7 is when the series fully embraced the Roger Moore era style of over the top gadget based action.

I believe it can be pinpointed as this moment

Y_GvIC.gif

Not so much for the catch but for the fact that Diesel goes right into the windshield of a car and should logically be either dead or in traction, but instead the immediate next shot is this

lO_rKB.gif

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, grim22 said:

I believe it can be pinpointed as this moment

Y_GvIC.gif

Not so much for the catch but for the fact that Diesel goes right into the windshield of a car and should logically be either dead or in traction, but instead the immediate next shot is this

lO_rKB.gif

"How did you know there'd be a car there to break our fall?"

"I didn't"

1 minute ago, TheDude391 said:

"How did you know there'd be a car there to break our fall?"

"I didn't"

"A car there to break our fall" has to be the greatest line ever. The car broke his fall by him going through it's windshield 😂😂😂

8 hours ago, kayumanggi said:

A final final trailer the week of release? Man they must really not like the tracking they're seeing for such a desperate late marketing tactic.

Refuse to check out any spoilers. Want to experience what people are freaking out over with fresh eyes when I see it this weekend.

• Like 1

Starting to notice some of the critics who liked F9, don't like X. And then those who didn't like F9 are liking X. As someone who likes 9...not a promising sign for me ha.

Overall though, reactions are more positive than expected? I don't expect this to review great but it seems WOM might be decent as it's a fun time. 

Edited by TheDude391

7 hours ago, Firepower said:

Fallen Kingdom also had awful reception, just slightly better than Dominion.

Don't equate Internet with Audience.

Fallen Kingdom showed much better performance and trend than Dominion and it is there for everyone to see.

It wasn't slightly better, it was quite better.

• Like 1

yeah yea, its facing very negative headwinds, but the reason I cant commit to this flopping is that its trailers have been pretty good, just cant see an entry in such a well-known franchise truly collapsing with such decent trailers 

3 hours ago, THUNDER BIRD said:

Don't equate Internet with Audience.

Fallen Kingdom showed much better performance and trend than Dominion and it is there for everyone to see.

It wasn't slightly better, it was quite better.

It dropped from JW1 by 360 mln. Not sure what you mean by perfomance, I think it's just the case of a franchise being average Joe driven and not fan driven. The same movie with SW type of fanbase would result in much bigger drops and more noise.

Edited by Firepower

I've never seen any of these movies, but I'd vaguely assumed the shift to physics implausability happened because the series wanted to become a SH franchise in all but name. When your characters and cars can pretty much fly there's a lot more scope for sequels. 

Edited by Hatebox

1 hour ago, Firepower said:

It dropped from JW1 by 360 mln. Not sure what you mean by perfomance, I think it's just the case of a franchise being average Joe driven and not fan driven. The same movie with SW type of fanbase would result in much bigger drops and more noise.

Did FK drop or JW overperformed.

And JW 2 with so called awful reception did same as Universally acclaimed Cultural Phenomenon Black Panther.

Fast & Furious franchise got a massive boost by Furious 7, and that carried over to Fast 8. But now they are coming back to their original range.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Firepower said:

The SW sequel trilogy and JW trilogy ended up very similar funnily enough. First was phenomenon, second divided fanbase, third was a dumpster fire. Both trilogies even had their first directors leaving then coming back for the 3rd!

Edited by Mojoguy
  • Like 2