grim22

The Invisible Man | Feb 28 2020 | Will be available on VOD Friday March 20

Oh Universal why couldn’t you make a decent dark universe ? Blumhouse and shitty casting thus far, this has all the potential to be dreadful but at least its budget will be extremely low. As a fan of classic universal monsters this is sad....

• ...wtf 1
  • Knock It Off 1

31 minutes ago, Thrylos 7 said:

Oh Universal why couldn’t you make a decent dark universe ? Blumhouse and shitty casting thus far, this has all the potential to be dreadful but at least its budget will be extremely low. As a fan of classic universal monsters this is sad....

Blumhouse is a fantastic horror studio I have no idea what's the issue here, same with your complaints about the casting.

7 minutes ago, Mulder said:

Blumhouse is a fantastic horror studio I have no idea what's the issue here, same with your complaints about the casting.

Don't mind him, he wanted more from the Mummy (2017) universe

1 minute ago, TMP said:

I honestly didn't dislike The Mummy but I'd love to see an actual horror universe vs an action universe with horror undertones.

The Dark Universe is still a thing? Or this a total reboot to that thing and has nothing to do with the Tom Cruise Mummy film?

Either way, getting Jason Blum to produce is a good move. Hopefully this will actually deliever and the creative team focuses on making a good movie 1st, and a cinematic universe 2nd.

48 minutes ago, MCKillswitch123 said:

The Dark Universe is still a thing? Or this a total reboot to that thing and has nothing to do with the Tom Cruise Mummy film?

Either way, getting Jason Blum to produce is a good move. Hopefully this will actually deliever and the creative team focuses on making a good movie 1st, and a cinematic universe 2nd.

Total reboot.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Mulder said:

Total reboot.

Makes sense. From the few clips that I've seen of the 2017 Mummy reboot, it was basically a Mummy/Mission: Impossible mashup without half the heart of the Brendan Fraser Mummy films and half the craft of the last few M:I films. Not to mention that it looked somewhat entertaining as an action movie, but as a horror movie, it didn't exactly seem spooky, nevermind scary. But whatever. I still like the idea of a classic Universal monsters universe, but, y'know, well done. Alex Kurtzman is not exactly a good beginning.

Edited by MCKillswitch123

10 hours ago, JGAR4LIFE said:

I doubt Godzilla vs King Kong will stay with that date. A major CGI spectacle, I believe they’ll need more time to finish.

Christmas 2020 WB. Don’t let the amazing opportunity run away.

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Mulder said:

I honestly didn't dislike The Mummy but I'd love to see an actual horror universe vs an action universe with horror undertones.

I’m curious to see how Brightburn is received.

28 minutes ago, TMP said:

They have nothing for Q1 2020 then?

Birds of Prey

42 minutes ago, YourMother the Edgelord said:

Christmas 2020 WB. Don’t let the amazing opportunity run away.

That too would be an amazing date for the film, though it’d be too far away and it’s probably better suited for Dune.

I could see the film getting that date if there are extensive reshoots

Just now, JGAR4LIFE said:

I could see the film getting that date if there are extensive reshoots

Why would you want that lmao

Suicide Squad 2 moving up to November 2020 and Dune coming out in December makes a lot of sense.

9 hours ago, TMP said:

I actually hated the mummy 2017.  Blumhouse films, with the exception of “get out” are garbage from paranormal activity to the martyrs remake to shit like unfriended, lowest common denominator trash.

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1