grim22

The Invisible Man | Feb 28 2020 | Will be available on VOD Friday March 20

It's Julia Roberts "Sleeping with the Enemy" mixed with the concept of the Invisible Man as directed by someone who is well versed in the horror/thriller genre. A man who built two incredibly successful horror franchises under his penmanship. If it doesn't survive in theater, it will survive on a cheap date night at home.

Edited by ThePhasmid

Just now, kitik said:

I hope people aren't getting their hopes too high for this film. I don't want to see reviews or box office that are just "good" instead of spectacular be considered disappointing.

Given it cost next to nothing..under 10 Million dollars...I think even it's not a big hit it will make a good profit for Uni.

I was surprised to learn it had that small a budget. I know that is the way norm for Blumhouse, but though they might go higher..say to the 20 to 30 Millon range with a major studio as a Partner.

29 minutes ago, dudalb said:

Given it cost next to nothing..under 10 Million dollars...I think even it's not a big hit it will make a good profit for Uni.

I was surprised to learn it had that small a budget. I know that is the way norm for Blumhouse, but though they might go higher..say to the 20 to 30 Millon range with a major studio as a Partner.

Universal have been their partner for years now. They have the first look partnership. 

• Like 1

On 2/12/2020 at 5:52 AM, Ninenin said:

Maybe he doesn't identify as a man and they just assumed his gender?

Too good! :hahaha:

Anyway, Blumhouse is marketing the hell out of this. I'm seeing things everywhere: tons of TV ads, internet ads, public signs, bus stops etc. If this doesn't do well, or even if it does just average, Blumhouse might start getting a little concerned. Yes, I know because of the small budgets they'll still make money but they're making a little LESS money now, and no business likes that.

On ‎2‎/‎16‎/‎2020 at 7:29 PM, JB33 said:

Too good! :hahaha:

Anyway, Blumhouse is marketing the hell out of this. I'm seeing things everywhere: tons of TV ads, internet ads, public signs, bus stops etc. If this doesn't do well, or even if it does just average, Blumhouse might start getting a little concerned. Yes, I know because of the small budgets they'll still make money but they're making a little LESS money now, and no business likes that.

I think you need to substitute Universal for Blumhouse. I suspect they are doing the heavy duty marketing..