grim22

The Invisible Man | Feb 28 2020 | Will be available on VOD Friday March 20

Did a quick research and found reports from when Elizabeth Moss was cast in this saying Universal didn't plan on it being part of a cinematic universe.

Plot details are unknown, but the film marks the first major venture in the studio’s fresh strategy for Universal’s monsters properties, bringing creative directors with distinctive visions to the classic characters and moving on from the original idea to have an interconnected “Dark Universe.” Universal has tabled the idea of an interconnected universe and is reassessing how to keep the enduring characters relevant for a new generation.

https://variety.com/2019/film/news/universal-elisabeth-moss-invisible-man-1203153172/

Uni reportedly will not keep Invisible Man as part of a greater interconnected “Dark Universe” as initially planned.

https://deadline.com/2019/03/elisabeth-moss-in-talks-for-invisible-man-1202568017/

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Napoleon said:

Did a quick research and found reports from when Elizabeth Moss was cast in this saying Universal didn't plan on it being part of a cinematic universe.

https://variety.com/2019/film/news/universal-elisabeth-moss-invisible-man-1203153172/

https://deadline.com/2019/03/elisabeth-moss-in-talks-for-invisible-man-1202568017/

Thanks @Napoleon. I didn't look into it myself because I guess I wrongly assumed Universal would be vague about it, kind of like Warner Bros. with The Curse of La Llorona.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, sgrave said:

Apparently the budget of this movie is 1.2 M$ ??

Quite surprised

I know that Blumhouse make cheap movies, but I had the feeling

that this one  would be budgeted higher than the usual 5-10 M$ of Blumhouse

This doesn't seem possible.

I believe this had a test screening and it's good

Looks disgusting based on the trailer. Third rate Hollow man wannabe. Shame on Universal for whoring out their properties to such results. Oh well, watching shit like the new suspiria, the new black Christmas and more bombing gives me hope....

• Haha 1
  • ...wtf 2
  • Knock It Off 2

Trailer was heavy on spoilers. At least, that's what I think.

You could especulate if she had some mental issues, but the last part makes clear there's something definitely killing people. 

The plot also doesn't make sense. Why would her abusive ex kill himself and leave her a ton of money? lol

Unless the trailer is insanely misleading, I can't see any big surprise coming for this one. 

• Like 1

On 1/11/2020 at 5:51 PM, Thrylos 7 said:

Looks disgusting based on the trailer. Third rate Hollow man wannabe. Shame on Universal for whoring out their properties to such results. Oh well, watching shit like the new suspiria, the new black Christmas and more bombing gives me hope....

LMAO, don't go around putting the masterful suspiria remake (that's better than the original) in the same sentence as the Black Christmas remake.

On 1/13/2020 at 11:05 AM, dudalb said:

Dissapointed they pretty much threw out the HG Wells original novel.

Looks like a pretty generic thriller.

Yeah I mean, I didn't think the trailer looked too bad but I'm wondering why it seems to be tracking for a healthy 30-ish million opening. Feels like this is being hyped up as the "event horror" of the winter amongst the other horror duds in January and February this year.

8 hours ago, JB33 said:

Yeah I mean, I didn't think the trailer looked too bad but I'm wondering why it seems to be tracking for a healthy 30-ish million opening. Feels like this is being hyped up as the "event horror" of the winter amongst the other horror duds in January and February this year.

Admittedly I’m not seeing any marketing or buzz for any of the horror movies being released from now until end of February. I don’t know if I’m just missing it all. At least this is the end of February so there is still a bit of time but The Turning, Gretal and Hansel and Fantasy Island I’ve seen nothing for them.

Real problem is if they had followed the original HG Wells novel, they would have had something more original then the usual horror story, but still would have had all the classic horror elements which are in the novel. Instead it looking very generic.

Spoiler

The original novel is a lot like "The FLy" in that the Invisible Man is a decent guy at first, but the  Invisiblity serum  gradually drives him mad when he finds out the effect are irreversible.From the trailer, that has been totally lost.

• Like 1