WrathOfHan

DEADPOOL WEEKEND THREAD | Deadpool 152.193 actual. Daily breakdown on page 159

7 hours ago, drakeyuuhi said:

Don't know because x men movie to me isn't going be so great with the characters they got.

Even timeline is getting messed up.

civil  war has a shot being good if do it right but with so many missing characters from comics it just feels strange to me. 

batman vs Superman people are saying it even looks bad that from D.C fans. 

Missing characters from the comics means absolutely nothing to the box office of Civil War given that 90% of the audience has likely never read the comic or even cares about it.

These movies are movie based now, the comics are largely irrelevant.  

• Like 1

So if this does end up making 100M+ this weekend like all signs are indicating what are the other films this year you guys think, that will do it?

I'd say: Batman V Superman: Dawn Of Justice, Captain America: Civil War, Suicide Squad, Rouge One: A Star Wars Story (the last 2 are a maybe).

Anything else?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, somebody85 said:

So if this does end up making 100M+ this weekend like all signs are indicating what are the other films this year you guys think, that will do it?

I'd say: Batman V Superman: Dawn Of Justice, Captain America: Civil War, Suicide Squad, Rouge One: A Star Wars Story (the last 2 are a maybe).

Anything else?

Dory

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, somebody85 said:

Anything else?

Doctor Strange

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, nilephelan said:

Perhaps you don't get what I am saying because you keep using very niche markets to justify that GENERAL PUBLIC knows who Deadpool was before the production of this movie.  They didn't know him.  

You really to avoid the fact that Deadpool was in many mainstream cartoon and anime along with movies. Also Many videos games unless you don't think video games are a big thing.

Outside of comic world he was already known very well before and after logan's movie and before Deadpool movie got made. Maybe in your mind Deadpool was unheard character but even my sister's little kid know who he is because of spiderman cartoon. 

You think Deadpool never been Mainstream which is why you are think closed minded. Look at how many cartoon/movie/games Deadpool has been in. Look at his own game that sold and was on tv/showed on many places. 

From a comic standpoint he been one of biggest sellers for marvel in last four years. When Capcom vs Marvel was showing on tv for the game and trailers deadpool was used as one of key members showed. 

He also been in many of the marvel games like CW.

If look at one ep of newest spider man cartoon that had Deadpool in it? It was the higest rated and loved ep of the whole series. Deadpool out shined Spider man in his own cartoon. Yet you act like no one seen him outside of people who read comics. From all the cartoons/movies/side things he been in without adding comics or all video games he has guest in or was one of key members. He been well known for long time.

Edited by drakeyuuhi

I dunno about Dory, the first trailer barely got any reaction. It's possible but it always seems like it takes an insane amount of marketing for animation movies to break that barrier. The last Pixar movie to break it was Toy Story 3 right?

It will need really good reviews too.

Dr. Strange? Huh that's a wild card!

Superhero films are not going anywhere. People keep talking about this fatigue bullcrap. Superheroes films are taking over any genre you can think of and with movies like Deadpool, Doctor Strange and Suicide Squad showing that they can come up with different formulas this year, the fan base will remain interested and continue to grow.

Just now, somebody85 said:

I dunno about Dory, the first trailer barely got any reaction. It's possible but it always seems like it takes an insane amount of marketing for animation movies to break that barrier. The last Pixar movie to break it was Toy Story 3 right?

It will need really good reviews too.

Dr. Strange? Huh that's a wild card!

Dory is gonna smash the animation OW record. Its the sequel to Nemo fucking Nemo! No way it misses 100M opening

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, somebody85 said:

Anything else?

Batman vs. Superman, Captain America Civil War, Rogue One, Finding Dory and Independence Day:Resurgence are locks.   I think Fantastic Beasts will have a great shot.  Suicide Squad might have a great shot now.  

Jason Bourne would be a very under the radar sleeper pick.  The last one with Matt Damon opened to $70m, but the audience has aged and likely doesn't help.  

Edited by nilephelan
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, nilephelan said:

Batman vs. Superman, Captain America Civil War, Rogue One, Finding Dory and Independence Day:Resurgence are locks.   I think Fantastic Beasts will have a great shot.  Suicide Squad might have a great shot now.  

Jason Bourne would be a very under the radar sleeper pick.  The last one with Matt Damon opened to $70m, but the audience has aged and likely doesn't help.  

ID isn't a lock, that Super Bowl spot has no buzz.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, nilephelan said:

Batman vs. Superman, Captain America Civil War, Rogue One and Independence Day:Resurgence are locks.  Finding Dory is going to be really close.  I think Fantastic Beasts will have a great shot.  Suicide Squad might have a great shot now.  

I wouldn't say ID: Resurgence is a lock just yet either. If it gets Transformers style reviews, it could come in just under it. 

We have seen way to little of Star Wars to say that, that's a lock either. Plus weather could be more a factor this year when it wasn't when TFA hit.

Finding Dory is definitely going to rely on reviews regardless of being a sequel to Finding Nemo or not. If it's Cars 2 all over again, I don't see it breaking out over that barrier. If it's as good as the original or any of Pixars other classics, then yes.

Edited by somebody85
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, drakeyuuhi said:

You really to avoid the fact that Deadpool was in many mainstream cartoon and anime along with movies. Also Many videos games unless you don't think video games are a big thing.

Outside of comic world he was already known very well before and after logan's movie and before Deadpool movie got made. Maybe in your mind Deadpool was unheard character but even my sister's little kid know who he is because of spiderman cartoon. 

You think Deadpool never been Mainstream which is why you are think closed minded. Look at how many cartoon/movie/games Deadpool has been in. Look at his own game that sold and was on tv/showed on many places. 

From a comic standpoint he been one of biggest sellers for marvel in last four years. When Capcom vs Marvel was showing on tv for the game and trailers deadpool was used as one of key members showed. 

He also been in many of the marvel games like CW.

If look at one ep of newest spider man cartoon that had Deadpool in it? It was the higest rated and loved ep of the whole series. Deadpool out shined Spider man in his own cartoon. Yet you act like no one seen him outside of people who read comics. From all the cartoons/movies/side things he been in without adding comics or all video games he has guest in or was one of key members. He been well known for long time.

You aren't getting it.  The examples you keep giving is how he is really well known among the general public of comic book/cartoon/anime crowd.  No argument there, but we are talking about the actual general public.  The total audience of what you keep mentioning is really small comparatively.  

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, somebody85 said:

Anything else?

Really??:wtf:

After what TFA did, you think another SW movie might open under $100 million? 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

ID isn't a lock, that Super Bowl spot has no buzz.

It will be an absolute stone cold lock.  Feel free to save this post and rub it in my face if it isn't.  The Super Bowl spot wasn't great, but the first trailer had a lot of reaction and buzz.

It is a 4 quad nostalgic blockbuster in a similar way that Jurrassic World was.  It won't have quite the same entire family audience, but will be more than big enough for $100m opening.  

• Like 1