WrathOfHan

DEADPOOL WEEKEND THREAD | Deadpool 152.193 actual. Daily breakdown on page 159

1 hour ago, somebody85 said:

I dunno about Dory, the first trailer barely got any reaction. It's possible but it always seems like it takes an insane amount of marketing for animation movies to break that barrier. The last Pixar movie to break it was Toy Story 3 right?

It will need really good reviews too.

Dr. Strange? Huh that's a wild card!

All in all, the Finding Dory trailer videos have garnered about 30 million views.  Compared to other animated films with their first trailers:

~ Finding Dory, 29 - 30 million

~ Zootopia, around 10 - 11 million

~ Pets, around 19 - 20 million

~ Kubo and the Two Strings, around 1 million

~ Kung Fu Panda 3, 16 - 17 million

~ Inside Out, 12 - 14 million 

This was a fast-paced pile up of all the first trailers I could find so it might not be as accurate but as you can see, Finding Dory, aside from Frozen Fever which isn't a feature film is leading the race even amongst films whose release date is sooner than Finding Dory's.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, CelestialFairyIX said:

All in all, the Finding Dory trailer videos have garnered about 30 million views.  Compared to other animated films with their first trailers:

~ Finding Dory, 29 - 30 million

~ Zootopia, around 10 - 11 million

~ Pets, around 19 - 20 million

~ Kubo and the Two Strings, around 1 million

~ Kung Fu Panda 3, 16 - 17 million

~ Inside Out, 12 - 14 million 

This was a fast-paced pile up of all the first trailers I could find so it might not be as accurate but as you can see, Finding Dory, aside from Frozen Fever which isn't a feature film is leading the race even amongst films whose release date is sooner than Finding Dory's.

Yeah I'm sure it is going to be huge. Everyone remembers Finding Nemo. It's been in production for so damn long and it will have a huge nostalgic factor. If the reviews are good, I could easily see it breaking 100m. If they aren't I see it doing high 80s to low 90s. 

Remember HTTYD2 was supposed to breakout too and it did not with stellar reviews.

• Like 1

You know I don't think I heard of How to Be Single till about a month ago! (I was going dang that film is wide! Then I saw the studio and went "oh wait that explains it. They love to have too many theaters")

42 minutes ago, jandrew said:

Speaking of Safe House, its one of those movies thats groomed to be reran on cable every saturday afternoon for eternity, but its never on TV. I thought FX had the movies?

Actually it was on FXX on a Sunday morning about two weeks ago 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Rth said:

Get ready to be blown

Get ready to be little sticky, little yellow, little brown take your pick or do a combo , just have a fresh pair

Watch this space

Something coming and its big

Damn. I'm not at home and don't have a change. 

4 minutes ago, Rth said:

Get ready to be blown

Get ready to be little sticky, little yellow, little brown take your pick or do a combo , just have a fresh pair

Watch this space

Thanks, 40M+ coming.:ohmyzod::ohmyzod::ohmyzod:

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Rth said:

Get ready to be blown

Watch this space

Zoolander 2 is jumping 400%, The Choice went up big time, How to be Single is breaking the February record.

:P

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Ethan Hunt said:

I honestly struggle to rank THG films. I do lean towards Catching Fire as my favorite but after that I'm a mess trying to puy the other three in any kind of order

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Rth said:

Get ready to be blown

Watch this space

You left the stove on, didn't you

• Like 9

7 minutes ago, Rth said:

Get ready to be blown

Watch this space

And here...we...go.

Looks like Hollywood Reporter might have been right

3 hours ago, tribefan695 said:

Uh, no. Jurassic World is debatable but Pratt's wisecracking personality was definitely part of GOTG's appeal. Reynolds played a blank slate in The Proposal and Safe House, just reacting to what others were doing, not much personality of his own

What AN ENORMOUS PILE OF CRAP.

Ryan might be a lot of things but he is anything but a blank slate.  He is one of the most charismatic actors out there and his roles in Proposal and Safe House showcased that.  You obviously saw a completely different movie than I did and furthermore, Bullock was far from a draw before she did Proposal...after she did and it did well, then she became a draw.  That film had a lot to do with Reynolds.  

• Like 8

25 minutes ago, Rth said:

Get ready to be blown

Watch this space

INT. BEDROOM - NIGHT.

A chubby Scottish boy sits at his laptop. This is COOLIOD1 and he’s reading about the success of DEADPOOL. A cool and edgy superhero movie.

COOLIOD1

(morosely)

It’s a good thing I wore my brown pants today!

A single tear rolls down his cheek.

Edited by CoolioD1
  • Like 8