WrathOfHan

DEADPOOL WEEKEND THREAD | Deadpool 152.193 actual. Daily breakdown on page 159

DEADPOOL absolutely killed it this weekend, punishing the box office to the tune of $135M, $150M for the extended weekend.

"DEADPOOL seriously CRUSHED that box office this weekend. I mean, he SLAMMED that shit so hard. Had it BEGGING for him to stop, but it really wanted more. He won't call back it, though. He's going out for brunch with his buddy Ron this morning. Mimosas and pancakes. He might call Mom later."

• Like 1

1 minute ago, RichWS said:

"DEADPOOL seriously CRUSHED that box office this weekend. I mean, he SLAMMED that shit so hard. Had it BEGGING for him to stop, but it really wanted more. He won't call back it, though. He's going out for brunch with his buddy Ron this morning. Mimosas and pancakes. He might call Mom later."

Pancakes sounds good right about now. And of course Mimosas.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Total Treecall said:

You think general audiences are having their mind blown by box office numbers? Lmao. And they don't care about the budget either.

At best, they read some headlines about it being "biggest film ever". 

If I could, I'd like this post. When Straight Outta Compton came out and all the headlines came out about its records, I saw people on one site saying stuff like "Oh wow, thats lame, theres a record for everything. Just leave it at biggest of all time and leave it at that" and they always bring up Gone With The Wind as if it wasn't a completely different media landscape or that it wasn't released umpteen times. I'm really happy this forum exists lol.

I need to buy a gold account when BvS and CW releases. I could've really used the likes this weekend.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, kayumanggi said:

Is 150 M still possible for KUNG FU PANDA III?

I don't think so. 135m at most. Has 2 weekends and 3 weekdays before Zootopia causes a huge dent.

Was at 78m before this weekend,

25m - 4 day weekend

3m - weekday (tue to thu)

10m - weekend (50% drop from 3-day weekend which had inflated Sunday)

2m - weekday

6.5m - weekend

1.3m - weekday

This will take it to ~126m and then Zootopia releases.

So mid 130s IMO.

Edited by a2knet

1 minute ago, a2knet said:

I don't think so. 135m at most. Has 2 weekends and 3 weekdays before Zootopia causes a huge dent.

25m - 4 day weekend

2m - weekday

6.5m - weekend

1.3m - weekday

So low 130s IMO.

Sad.

1 minute ago, a2knet said:

25m - 4 day weekend

2m - weekday

6.5m - weekend

1.3m - weekday

So mid 130s IMO.

I had that pegged at dropping from the beginning.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, eddyxx said:

Because he has to deal with Tom Rothman butting in on the Spider-Man reboot.

Can someone explain why Sony would put Rothman in charge of a critical Spider-man reboot when he oversaw some of the worst CBM's in history?

• Like 1

If Fox decides to release Deadpool 2 in February 2018, I bet Marvel will be shuffling Black Panther to Ant Man and the Wasp's slot and Ant Man to November but I wouldn't be surprised if Fox decides to put in July or August 2018. 

Just now, Jonwo said:

If Fox decides to release Deadpool 2 in February 2018, I bet Marvel will be shuffling Black Panther to Ant Man and the Wasp's slot and Ant Man to November but I wouldn't be surprised if Fox decides to put in July or August 2018. 

:kitschjob:that would suck. Cause I'm kinda pumped for BP (mostly because of Coogler)

3 minutes ago, Jonwo said:

I am not sure. DEADPOOL II now shouts as a summer movie.

• Like 1

It s great that Fox has another superhero franchise, the calendar for the genre up to 2020 looked pretty scare and grim until now.

We need more superhero movies made in Hollywood, We, The People, Has Spoken.