WrathOfHan

DEADPOOL WEEKEND THREAD | Deadpool 152.193 actual. Daily breakdown on page 159

2 minutes ago, The Futurist said:

Nobody talks about Deadpool s director it s kinda both sad and hilarious.

I had to look him up. Looks like this is his debut feature (talk about hitting the ground running) but as an animator he also designed the Thor 2 opening credits..?

Edited by Hatebox

That's incredible for Deadpool. I knew it would do well but not this well. Personally I thought the movie was crass and juvenile and didn't care for it. None of my friends did too. We are Asian though so that may have something to do with it 

I am happy for Ryan Reynolds. I like the guy 

27 minutes ago, Jessie said:

I love how the majority of people on this thread expected low numbers then act like know it alls when it surprises making comments like "it's made this because of this, that and the other" when all the evidence pointed to a breakout a fortnight ago. Where were you guys then? We knew the marketing was amazing, we knew buzz was high, we knew the trailers were getting great reaction and we know regardless of what people say That CBMs are earning more than ever, yeah most people were still predicting in the 40-50m range, the same opening as mad Max. It didn't take a genius to work out this was more appealing and mire hyped than the likes of mad Max.

Well based on this website mad max was most hyped movie ever ...

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, department store basement said:

The Heartbreak Kid and The Watch are his only real failures at the box office during that period though. I don't know what made everyone suddenly start to think "Ben Stiller is uncool" after Battle of the Smithsonian.

He's had a handful of duds besides those two. Remember Duplex? Or Envy? Yeah, didn't think so.