WrathOfHan

DEADPOOL WEEKEND THREAD | Deadpool 152.193 actual. Daily breakdown on page 159

The next few weeks look kinda sparse in terms of appealing releases. WB could've released The Nice Guys on a number of weekends instead risking it getting lost in a packed May (it received its MPAA rating in October so its been waiting to be released since then).

1 hour ago, Total Treecall said:

Yeah I got all the wolverine jokes in the movie, which I found really funny, but didn't realise that was from another X Men movie. I know Deadpool is part of X-Men so I just thought it was jokes about X-Men.

http://www.geek.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/03/deadpool.jpg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, filmlover said:

Between The Revenant and Deadpool's immense success, this should tell Hollywood studios that teenage boys aren't the ones who dictate the box office after all (well, Deadpool is probably something pitched towards them but most can't due to the R rating locking a majority of that demographic out).

What are you talking about, my Deadpool line was full of teenaged boys.

When the next 3 showings of Deadpool were sold out me and my friends were close to seeing Zoolander 2 but decided we would be better off saving our money. There were a few couples in front of us who ended up seeing How To Be Single due to the Deadpool sell outs. One man and his sons even decided to see Hail Caesar instead.  

1 hour ago, kitik said:

Remember back in mid-December, when boxoffice.com put out their long-range forecast for this weekend, which said 76 for Deadpool and 24 for Zoolander? And everyone said "what are they smoking?" and everyone said they were too high for Deadpool and too low for Zoolander.

Well turns out it was the opposite. They were too low for Deadpool and too high for Zoolander.

the old link:

http://pro.boxoffice.com/featured_stories/2015-12-long-range-forecast-deadpool-zoolander-2-how-to-be-single

boxoffice.com's final prediction this week was probably the closest to the actual number. I don't think anyone here other than iJack and the guy who started the over DOFP club were anywhere close in their predictions.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, kayumanggi said:

Deadpool is not popular.

Deadpool is a terrible character.

Deadpool is annoying.

February is a terrible release date.

Ryan Reynolds doesn't fit the role.

Bam! 130 M opening weekend! lol

You're second and third points it depends who's writing the character.

• Like 1

Just now, eddyxx said:

What are you talking about, my Deadpool line was full of teenaged boys.

All of which were over 17 (the age of which you can be admitted into an R-rated film without supervision), I'm sure. It's anyone under that that was pretty much locked out.

For years (if not decades) there has been a belief that Hollywood mostly caters to the teenage boy demographic in which action pictures with that audience were the kind of movie regularly cranked out the most with other demographics (females, in particular) being largely underserved with "event" titles for said markets. In recent years, we have seen a shift away from that kind of mindset as the traditional action picture has mostly become extinct unless it's a brand name or has a big star involved and more "adult" focused pictures (like The Revenant) are largely dominating the box office scene, with young males mostly only showing up for the "franchise" titles. A movie like Deadpool probably would've been forced into being a PG-13 a decade ago.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Flyingcow29 said:

So many kids at my showing this morning. All the way down to 5-6.

I was surprised when I saw a family with a bunch of little kids as I was leaving(they stayed for the post credits) like, jeez, I'm fine with teenagers seeing the movie but not little kids.

7 minutes ago, eddyxx said:

I was surprised when I saw a family with a bunch of little kids as I was leaving(they stayed for the post credits) like, jeez, I'm fine with teenagers seeing the movie but not little kids.

Parents see a superhero and automatically think  it'll be fine for their kids. I've seen so many posts on Facebook telling parents not to take their children to see Deadpool. 

Edited by Rman823
  • Like 1