WrathOfHan

DEADPOOL WEEKEND THREAD | Deadpool 152.193 actual. Daily breakdown on page 159

7 minutes ago, John Marston said:

This is embarrassing. How can they not push it to 200m? 

What will they get out of it. It's not like it will make news. If it were close to some worthy land-mark like highest grossing bond film or smth, they would push it for the headlines and whatever follows. But now no one except those who track bo will care. Disney would have gotten it past for sure..lol..like they did with Tangled.

• Like 1

Remember back in mid-December, when boxoffice.com put out their long-range forecast for this weekend, which said 76 for Deadpool and 24 for Zoolander? And everyone said "what are they smoking?" and everyone said they were too high for Deadpool and too low for Zoolander.

Well turns out it was the opposite. They were too low for Deadpool and too high for Zoolander.

the old link:

http://pro.boxoffice.com/featured_stories/2015-12-long-range-forecast-deadpool-zoolander-2-how-to-be-single

4 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

Spectre came out on Blu-Ray this week, it won't reach 200M.

There are movies before that were still running in theaters even with Blu-Ray/DVD being released.

Didn't stop those from earning a bit of small extra cash.

Edited by MrFanaticGuy34

Just now, a2knet said:

What will they get out of it. It's not like it will make news. If it were close to some worthy land-mark like highest grossing bond film or smth, they would push it for the headlines and whatever follows. But now no one except those who track bo will care. Disney would have gotten it past for sure..lol..like they did with Tangled.

Disney didn't pushed Gnomeo & Juliet to the 100M. Never forget that :lol:

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, department store basement said:

I think Disney's having too much fun with Netflix to deal with a theatrical release for the first two.

Yeah, the only time we'll see Daredevil or Punisher pop up on the big screen is if they have a cameo in an Avengers or Spider-Man movie. The tv shows on Netflix are a huge success, and there's no shortage of other characters Marvel can put on the big screen. Daredevil and Punisher will stay on Netflix for years. (And seriously, would you rather get 13 hours every year, or 2 hours every 2-3 years?)

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, The Futurist said:

Make no mistake, this is not a superhero movie, this is a comedy first and foremost.

Na, this is a anti-hero movie with comedy. Then again superhero is all up to how you view what is "hero' is. Some will agree with you and other disagree. 

• Like 1

Just now, kitik said:

Deadpool is gonna pop in the Gambit movie for a scene or two and say hello.

This reminds me when Deadpool was hired to kill Gambit and Gambit pay him off. He paid him two times what he was paid to kill him.

Got to love how Gambit can get out of trouble even when it's Deadpool. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Rallax said:

Let's not forget that we have already had THREE R-Rated Punisher movies, all varying degrees of shit.

Yes but only one had Dolph Lundgren ;)  

but I get your point :)  

So I just woke up, and looked at the forums on my phone as I typically do to ease myself into waking up. As soon I saw that Deadpool number, I ran to my computer, turned on the light and am wide awake.

It's rare that a movie exceeds Rth's final projection, but even more so... I can't believe we're gonna have a 100M R-rated opener. Let alone an original superhero movie opening at over 100M. This is a day that'll live on in box office history. It's insanity in the best way, and I'm glad I'm actually available to be on the forums this weekend.

I'l also be contributing to Deadpool's gross tonight :D

• Like 3