sfran43

Tuesday's Numbers: Deadpool $5.16M - RISEN $1.32M

45 minutes ago, MrFanaticGuy34 said:

Titanic isn't a romantic comedy....It's a romantic drama. And not just a drama, it's a disaster-flick.

its one of the greatest films ever made, there really isn't anything else like titanic. Its truly special.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, JonathanLB said:

Wait Titanic wasn't a romantic comedy? But... the propeller scene? The fact that you could host a large dinner party on the piece of wood that Kate Winslet's fat ass hogged and let Leo die? The hand on the steamy window? The time when Kate says that half the ship is going to die and Billy Zane is like, "Not the better half"? 

Titanic is definitely a romantic comedy.

As one comedian said. 

My wife was very sad. It was hard for me to be sad,  I'm just a typical guy that's always thinking rational. I thought that headboard was big enough for the 2 of them. I was screaming inside my head, " come on rose! Move your fat ass over and give him some wood, he gave you some in the car!

• Like 4

49 minutes ago, DeeCee said:

People. He hates Titanic. 

Anyway, Deadpool will crash this weekend. 

Gods are fighting. You just can't beat that. 

Watch is get a -40% drop.

The only crashing we'll see is Gods getting a single digit gross.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Jessie said:

that mermaid film looks fucking terrible, the Chinese really do have questionable taste, strange people.

A Stephen Chow movie for the Chinese is like a film directed by Spielberg, Cameron and Nolan together for the US. The director's name alone will sell the movie. That's how big a draw he is in China as a director. (He'd be like a 10x times bigger draw if he plays a leading role, but of cause he kinda retired from acting.)

Well, I probably lowballed. He's probably even a bigger draw than that.

Edited by vc2002
  • Like 1

Yeah Deadpool is going to need some serious legs or an unprecedented rebound to go after American Sniper and Passion of the Christ. 

It's has a small shot,but honestly everything this movie has done so far is amazing. It's also cracked the Top 100 domestic on Tuesday and is on cruise control to 300 million.

Everything from here on out is gravy.

• Like 2

How exactly does Deadpool need a serious recovery? The weekend of lost where it fell 57%, that was coming off of an inflated Sunday and a 14 million dollar Thursday preview. Take all that into consideration and it fell way less than 50% and its second weekend. I have no idea if it's going to pass passion or American sniper but it certainly doesn't need a strong recovery so to speak. I'm at home

2 minutes ago, Baumer said:

How exactly does Deadpool need a serious recovery? The weekend of lost where it fell 57%, that was coming off of an inflated Sunday and a 14 million dollar Thursday preview. Take all that into consideration and it fell way less than 50% and its second weekend. I have no idea if it's going to pass passion or American sniper but it certainly doesn't need a strong recovery so to speak. I'm at home

If it wants to beat American Sniper it needs a "serious recovery". Passion is out of reach unfortunately. 

31 minutes ago, Baumer said:

But you are basing this all off of its second weekend drop? Don't you guys know by now that you never base anything off a second weekend drop

Yesterday's numbers are behind American Sniper's second Wednesday (minus the limited release)

Edited by WrathOfHan

9 hours ago, No Prisoners said:

As one comedian said. 

My wife was very sad. It was hard for me to be sad,  I'm just a typical guy that's always thinking rational. I thought that headboard was big enough for the 2 of them. I was screaming inside my head, " come on rose! Move your fat ass over and give him some wood, he gave you some in the car!

Hahaha that's hilarious. Yeah my GF thought the movie was pretty lame, well mainly the romance which is terrible. They knew each other for like 2 days tops.

I was joking about Titanic... Is this a foreign crowd? I mean everywhere else on the Internet you don't have to spell it out "just joking" after an obviously joke post. No, Titanic isn't a romantic comedy. It was based off one of the worst disasters of all time! Jesus, jokes people. Seriously.

But speaking of jokes, one of the greatest movies? Are you fucking kidding me? Titanic is a mediocre film with some great visuals and amazing set design and production design but a LAME as fuck story. To call that movie great let alone of the greatest is a horrible, horrible insult to movies that are actually great.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, WrathOfHan said:

If it wants to beat American Sniper it needs a "serious recovery". Passion is out of reach unfortunately. 

A PG Deadpool would have made more. But I guess that is not the point.

6 hours ago, Baumer said:

But you are basing this all off of its second weekend drop? Don't you guys know by now that you never base anything off a second weekend drop

Third weekend always tells ya where it's gonna go.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, SWXII said:

A PG Deadpool would have made more. But I guess that is not the point.

It would probably do less than Ant-Man if it were pg-13.