Mockingjay Raphael

WEEKEND THREAD | B.O numbers Page 28: Final Divergent movie opens at $29m, Zoo: $38m

Just now, Ethan Hunt said:

My mom decided we're doing a family movie day next Friday 

Hidden Content

I am so disappointed that it's not to see My Big Fat Greek Wedding 2.

Speaking of which, oh man that embarrassing drop-off is coming. It really does feel like no one cares.

2 minutes ago, Rth said:

Earlier I was going  with Allegiant 12-13, Zoo 10-11, Zoo would have to drop a lot in eve to only end up 8-5.9.5

Let's hope that number holds for Zootopia, because I'd love to see a >$40M weekend.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, filmlover said:

I am so disappointed that it's not to see My Big Fat Greek Wedding 2.

Speaking of which, oh man that embarrassing drop-off is coming. It really does feel like no one cares.

She was totally like... “do you guys wanna go see that movie next Friday"

Me and my brother both though she was talking about BvS said yes :lol: I'm down anyways though.

2 minutes ago, langer said:

I can't believe they released that trash movie.  The studio must really think the audience are a bunch of gullible and ignorant sheep that would go to the theater no matter what drivel they get served.  I'm glad it was DOA and it still proves that Jennifer Lawrence is the uncontested Jennifer Queen.  All others are false idols. 

I don't know what's the big deal about releasing these movies in March/Spring, as if people had a void to fill during that time of year and only these movies based a popular book can filled the void in their miserable life.

Anyway, I really hate Miracles from Heaven and other Christian movies... 

Wow...a hater? A life hater? I'm glad you love the uncontested Jennifer Queen at least. Your post is pure garbage btw. Congratulations.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Rth said:

Earlier I was going  with Allegiant 12-13, Zoo 10-11, Zoo would have to drop a lot in eve to only end up 8-5.9.5

Sweet.  40-50% increase Saturday and we're on pace for 35-37M on the median.  11M might put 40M on the table.

Edited by spizzer
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, spizzer said:

Sweet.  40-50% increase Saturday and we're on pace for 35-37M on the median.  11M might put 40M on the table.

Why would Zoo only increase 40-50% on Saturday? 40m is locked with 11m Friday.

5 minutes ago, picores said:

Why would Zoo only increase 40-50% on Saturday? 40m is locked with 11m Friday.

Spring break.  That's why daily business this week was up from last week, and it'll mitigate weekend jump.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Rth said:

Word of mouth starting to kick in for Allegiant, going up from early projections.

So it's happening what I imagined: a lot of fans lost interest in the movie (that's why the huge drop in previews) but general audiences not as much, and the rest of the weekend must play better than we'd expect judging by the previews.

Word of mouth starting to kick in for Allegiant, going up from early projections.

(a) What word of mouth?, and (b) It's not "going up" - these are projections from different sources.

So it's happening what I imagined: a lot of fans lost interest in the movie (that's why the huge drop in previews) but general audiences not as much, and the rest of the weekend must play better than we'd expect judging by the previews.

I want to live in your imagination, but I'm afraid I'd never escape.

Edited by Nutterbutter
  • Like 2

24 minutes ago, Rth said:

The apparition before the storm next weekend.