Mockingjay Raphael

WEEKEND THREAD | B.O numbers Page 28: Final Divergent movie opens at $29m, Zoo: $38m

Yikes - I knew it would be bad but went on a limb and put 31m in the derby... oy vey that is not going to happen.... At least we are assured of Zoo being on Top for a 3rd frame.... *crazy!*

I really do wonder what the base line is for Lionsgate to throw the towel in on part 4 or do they suck it up and put it out anyways.

I feel bad for Shailene, to be honest. She's a tremendously talented actress, but this was touted to be her Hunger Games (and her in general as being "The Next Jennifer Lawrence") and now her career seems to be somewhat stalled, no doubt mostly because of this series.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, filmlover said:

I feel bad for Shailene, to be honest. She's a tremendously talented actress, but this was touted to be her Hunger Games (and her in general as being "The Next Jennifer Lawrence") and now her career seems to be somewhat stalled, no doubt mostly because of this series.

yeah kinda like the K Stew and the Twilight situation as an actress but at least that franchise was a huge commercial success..

7 minutes ago, yjs said:

yeah kinda like the K Stew and the Twilight situation as an actress but at least that franchise was a huge commercial success..

The good thing is, KStew is starting to get better roles (Clouds of Sils Maria, Still Alice, the new Ang Lee movie), so hopefully Shailene gets the same treatment.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Nutterbutter said:

Haha, okay, Deadline has now changed their headline to say "lowest preview" instead of the hilarious "third-highest."

LOL Who came up with that headline in the first place and why? Were they being sarcastic?

41 minutes ago, filmlover said:

27 minutes ago, Alpha said:

The good thing is, KStew is starting to get better roles (Clouds of Sils Maria, Still Alice, the new Ang Lee movie), so hopefully Shailene gets the same treatment.

Shailene will climb the highest mountain, drink wild goat's milk straight from the teat, and embrace the glow of the rising sun to cleanse away the negative vibes Divergent has given her.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Spidey Freak said:

Shailene will climb the highest mountain, drink wild goat's milk straight from the teat, and embrace the glow of the rising sun to cleanse away the negative vibes Divergent has given her.

All while sun tanning her vajayjay like she says she usually does.

39 minutes ago, filmlover said:

She has kind of become the face of YA decline at the moment and the franchise has one more movie to come out, but as long as she never stars in anything set in a dystopian future for the next decade I think she'll be fine. She's talented.

I wonder how much the next one will fall. There's not gonna be a finale factor increase for that one, that's for sure.