Olive

Presales Tracking Thread(Maoyan, Taopiaopiao etc)

35 minutes ago, Thiago said:

What do you think will be the numbers in the end of its run? 

It all depends it could open higher then 40m with good WOM and hit 100m or under 40m with bad WOM and maybe only 70m.

8 hours ago, Fake said:

With the presales not picking up pace... and Avengers releasing on 24th... I'm afraid 250/500 has started to look like the best case scenario for Shazam! , unless it gets exceptional WOM.

A $500M worldwide for Shazam isn't bad though. It only has $100M budget. I'm pretty sure it will be profitable at that gross. Or do you mean 250M yuan OW/500M yuan total in China?

Edited by UserHN

1 minute ago, UserHN said:

A $500M worldwide for Shazam isn't bad though. It only has $100M budget. I'm pretty sure it will be profitable at that gross. Or do you mean 250M yuan OW/500M yuan total in China?

On the China box office board / china pre-sales thread I would always assume numbers are CBO and in Yuan unless specified otherwise (or obviously small if they would be Yuan for the movie)

• Like 2

Presales finishing with 24.5M. Quite a huge jump. Maybe the day being a holiday is skewing things.

Consequently, as for multiplier, I have no idea whether it will follow the normal 4-4.5x multiplier or not. We will have a fair idea after 2PM.

On 4/3/2019 at 11:37 PM, ZeeSoh said:

Shazam (1 day out)

Midnight - 2.07m

OD - 9.38m (+54.5%) (86787 shows)

Sat - 2.60m

Sun - 1.70m

Shazam (Final)

OD - 24.6m (+162.3%) (123,373 shows)

Sat - 4.87m

Sun - 2.57m

Finally some good news for Shazam. Thats the biggest final day PS jump I have seen for movies i have tracked! The second highest was Thor Ragnarok with a 100% jump on final day. Speaking of Thor Ragnarok, thanks to its huge final day jump Shazam overtook Thor Ragnarok in OD PS and is no longer the lowest one.

OD PS

Sat PS

Sun PS

Shows

Ant-Man 2

Justice league

Shazam

Thor Ragnarok

-

-

-

I would like to point out the huge gap between the OD PS and the Sat/Sun PS for Shazam. It is the biggest gap i have seen for any movie. The closest one i could find was Ant Man 2 which is why I included it. Ant man 2 had some of the lowest internal multi for a SH movie. This cements the fact that the holiday tomorrow is definitely skewing the PS and we will see a low internal multi probably. 

Show count is also low for a SH movie in comparisons to SH movies of the past 1.5 years but comparable to SH movies from 2017 and before

PS to OW multi

Shazam OW with same multi

Captain Marvel

Black panther

Ant-Man 2

Justice league

Thor Ragnarok

Aquaman

The comparisons are all over the place. But we can eliminate at least the top 2 and bottom 2 which gives a range between 37-48. Narrowing it down I will put it between 37-45m which is still a big range I know but the holiday on OD is throwing everything off. With reviews being luke warm at best from Douban and other Asian markets I will not be surprised if it comes towards the lower end of the range

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3
  • Astonished 1

24 minutes ago, ZeeSoh said:

Shazam (Final)

OD - 24.6m (+162.3%) (123,373 shows)

Sat - 4.87m

Sun - 2.57m

Finally some good news for Shazam. Thats the biggest final day PS jump I have seen for movies i have tracked! The second highest was Thor Ragnarok with a 100% jump on final day. Speaking of Thor Ragnarok, thanks to its huge final day jump Shazam overtook Thor Ragnarok in OD PS and is no longer the lowest one.

OD PS

Sat PS

Sun PS

Shows

Ant-Man 2

Justice league

Shazam

Thor Ragnarok

-

-

-

I would like to point out the huge gap between the OD PS and the Sat/Sun PS for Shazam. It is the biggest gap i have seen for any movie. The closest one i could find was Ant Man 2 which is why I included it. Ant man 2 had some of the lowest internal multi for a SH movie. This cements the fact that the holiday tomorrow is definitely skewing the PS and we will see a low internal multi probably. 

Show count is also low for a SH movie in comparisons to SH movies of the past 1.5 years but comparable to SH movies from 2017 and before

PS to OW multi

Shazam OW with same multi

Captain Marvel

Black panther

Ant-Man 2

Justice league

Thor Ragnarok

Aquaman

The comparisons are all over the place. But we can eliminate at least the top 2 and bottom 2 which gives a range between 37-48. Narrowing it down I will put it between 37-45m which is still a big range I know but the holiday on OD is throwing everything off. With reviews being luke warm at best from Douban and other Asian markets I will not be surprised if it comes towards the lower end of the range

Pretty close to Gavin’s 35-45 the other day. 

23 hours ago, VenomXXR said:

802.2k @ 11am CST - April 3

863.4k @ 11am CST - April 4

928.5k @ 11am CST - April 5

Will definitely hit a million by Sunday, but could do it Saturday. 

For reference, IW hit a final number of 1.15m!

Edited by VenomXXR
  • Thanks 1
  • Astonished 2

8 minutes ago, VenomXXR said:

928.5k @ 11am CST - April 5

Will definitely hit a million by Sunday, but could do it Saturday. 

For reference, IW hit a final number of 1.15m!

It’s another increase over 60k :rofl:   

What if every day from the release date announcement until it opens has a bigger jump than IW’s biggest :hahaha:

Edited by Thanos Legion