Olive

Presales Tracking Thread(Maoyan, Taopiaopiao etc)

3 minutes ago, VenomXXR said:

I feel confident EG will have over 9 on Maoyan. IW is at 9.0 currently and it started off being ratings bombed which dropped it to 7.9 right off the bat before correcting upwards win the real scores started coming in.

I’m saying 9.2

As long as it has the great action & same scale and scope as IW plus great ending for original 6, it'll easily get 9+ on Maoyan.

35 minutes ago, VenomXXR said:

Question for the experts: Let’s say this has a 9+ on Maoyan and does $220m 5-day opening. How much would we be looking at it to do over the next 7 days, with all of those holidays?

Note: I think it will do more than $220m opening, I’m just using it as an example number.

Infinity War grossed ¥930mn post 5 days, I expect it do same or little better. 

¥1700-1800mn 5 days and ¥900-1000mn post that is what I expect.

If score is say 9.5 like Venom,

1850-2000

1100-1200

Edited by Charlie Jatinder

6 minutes ago, Charlie Jatinder said:

Infinity War grossed ¥930mn post 5 days, I expect it do same or little better. 

¥1700-1800mn 5 days and ¥900-1000mn post that is what I expect.

If score is say 9.5 like Venom,

1850-2000

1100-1200

With 4 straight holiday days in the week after opening week, wouldn’t matching IW be kind of a let down? I would think at least 25% over.

Edited by VenomXXR

4 minutes ago, VenomXXR said:

With 4 straight holiday days in the week after opening week, wouldn’t matching IW be kind of a let down? I would think at least 25% over.

I know that, but consider the frontloading in business and 5 days being weekend than 3 for Infinity War, matching Infinity War will be good. Infinity War had an excellent word of mouth itself.

• Thanks 1

I am not saying these are my predictions or something but what is the ceiling for Endgame. Can we actually see $500mn or a better ¥3.5 Billion in total.

I mean yeah, we know sequels get better pre-sales but not to the scale that you break the midnight record in just one day pre-sales, that when A:IW itself was a beast. You don't match 15-16 days of pre-sales in less than one day. There must be big bump in full run as well.

Said that, unlike TFA or say even A:IW, Endgame isn't weak anywhere so far. Pre-sales record have toppled in countries where superheroes aren't a force like Europe and beating Star Wars, lemme correct, slaughtering TFA in pre-sales in USA when IW did barely Rogue One numbers.

Let's not even talk about Asia , nothing else is even close.

What I am going to say, are we finally going to see Avatar down. I know its crazy with all those factors against, (I know, no need to repeat them) it. But it's time we shall start considering it.

Its not TFA, which is negligible in East. It's not IW which is not that big in Europe. 

It's mixture of both, or even better.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, terrestrial said:

1, happy 200 pages

2. way more likes possible with ...

https://forums.boxofficetheory.com/store/

I would do this but my parents would still pay for it so it doesn't seem fair to me that they have to pay for it. 

I am almost done at university so in the future I will have as many likes as I want to ;) 

Spoiler

And for people asking 'why not get a small job' its a good question but I strugle with migraines since I was 5 have them 2-3 days a week and it makes University pretty hard to do let allone take a weekend job on top off it. 

• Astonished 1

$15 is bit too much also. I can watch 7 films in a month with that. Get Hotstar, Netflix, Prime and still save money to watch 2 films.

Yeah may be not that big deal from US pov, but considering from India pov, $15 for what? Some extra likes.