Olive

Presales Tracking Thread(Maoyan, Taopiaopiao etc)

Just now, Charlie Jatinder said:

I think we know that MCU in presales in China is Star Wars in US. But $220mn at this point seems like big time low-balling. I don't see it anyway missing $250mn with regular Avengers quality.

If it's meh in content, then ofcourse that's another thing and we will know it.

If this movie is meh, it may be the the single biggest disappointment cinema wise of my life. No pressure though.

• Like 1

I think the most important thing to watch if it will  have decent % increase starting from tomorrow on wards. Because the hype is  insane and it will almost match IW sales up to T-x days (11 or 12) so they will start on equal footing after today. The question is will the increases in ps's % be good?

Might be slack on sat/sun.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Charlie Jatinder said:

I think we know that MCU in presales in China is Star Wars in US. But $220mn at this point seems like big time low-balling. I don't see it anyway missing $250mn with regular Avengers quality.

If it's meh in content, then ofcourse that's another thing and we will know it.

I'd not poke on someone hoping for $180m +++/plus still. People have different approaches, if someone was last year very crashing feeling, let them be very conservative this time and celebrate later it reached (way) higher numbers.

And as he said earlier too, the rating is more important to know to be sure about anything 😉

3 hours ago, UserHN said:

This thread is so fun. Lol. Crazy numbers. Gonna be so cool to hang out here often for the next few days. But a caution to all. Let's remember all the drama last year when many of us were stressed out whether IW could open to $200M OW. If EG's OW doesn't match its presales, last years drama is bound to be repeated.

I correctly projected PS on FF8 and IW but the PSm dropped to 2.5 on FF8(was thinking 3x) then dropped further to 2.1 on IW(lowest ever for HLWD) and I was thinking 2.5x.

EG PS are going to blow away IW but the big question what will the PSm be. 

The lowest Ive seen for CNY was MH at 1.5x PS.  We may have to use that as a baseline.

PS popped 2m in 15m for OD.  Wanda must have started.  

MN must not have started though.  They must be fussing with the pricing

Edited by POTUS 2020
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, POTUS 2020 said:

I correctly projected PS on FF8 and IW but the PSm dropped to 2.5 on FF8(was thinking 3x) then dropped further to 2.1 on IW(lowest ever for HLWD) and I was thinking 2.5x.

EG PS are going to blow away IW but the big question what will the PSm be. 

The lowest Ive seen for CNY was MH at 1.5x PS.  We may have to use that as a baseline.

How soon we gonna have 1.1-1.2x PSm:hahaha:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Charlie Jatinder said:

Don't we troll the websites when they say EG heading for $200-250mn weekend in US.

1. those are pros - in theory at least, they should be pros

2. he does not give a range, he is on the deeper end of the range here with one number (that he already up'd)

3. who is we? I never did that :P;)

2 minutes ago, rishijoesanu said:

Is this trolling? I'm contemplating $300M 5 days here. Am I missing something?

I woudn't go a far as to say $300m in 5 days Ps for Thurdsay, Friday, Sat and sunday are pretty low at this point lets wait one more week before saying $300m 5-day because this might be setting us up for dissapointment. (There are also holiday from next week wednesay to sunday so that might take away from the demand on FSS).

2 minutes ago, pepsa said:

I woudn't go a far as to say $300m in 5 days Ps for Thurdsay, Friday, Sat and sunday are pretty low at this point lets wait one more week before saying $300m 5-day because this might be setting us up for dissapointment. (There are also holiday from next week wednesay to sunday so that might take away from the demand on FSS).

300mn can't be decided on pre-sales. It's in realm of possibility but it will be determined by WOM or in other words Maoyan score. If Maoyan score is 9.3 or higher, 300 will be done.

I currently expect 9.1 and $275mn.

• Like 1