Olive

Presales Tracking Thread(Maoyan, Taopiaopiao etc)

Just now, druv10 said:

Nice healthy spike in presales today, all of the doom and gloom from previous days for nothing. With this spike OD presales should be around 250M and we're looking at a monster Saturday. I have feeling Saturday will be higher than OD.

May be. May be.

It was frozen yesterday.

May be. May be.

4 minutes ago, Olive said:

Even it has a 9.5 rating on maoyan ,it will be frontloaded as hell.

If bad WOM ,it will drop like a rock.

I thought second week holidays were supposed give better than usual legs?

I'm not expecting great legs or anything but I thought with those holidays, we could see 1.8-2.0 multi.

Edited by druv10

1 minute ago, druv10 said:

I thought second week holidays were supposed give better than usual legs?

See those movies released during Spring holiday, once they have toxic WOM, drops are ugly too.

1 minute ago, Olive said:

See those movies released during Spring holiday, once they have toxic WOM, drops are ugly too.

Doesn't it help that it has OW and then starting from Wednesday to Friday have 'saturdays' and then a sunday in one week?  + A 'friday on Tuesday).

It's not like it's OW will be super inflated. 

Not arguing that it will be superfrontloaded but more that it does help to have Holidays on it's second week instead on of on it's OW right?  

2 minutes ago, Olive said:

Theaters are still over-price it badly, the Wanda cinema near me has digital 3D show more than 200 yuan, only a couple of seats are taken.

Do you know when they will go on sale for a normal price?

10 minutes ago, cdsacken said:

Man I want to see what happens if Venom maoyan scores happen. It would be outrageous.

When numbers are this high, you won't see too much difference whether its 9.2 or 9.5 but if the score is low will surely have a negative impact.

58 minutes ago, VenomXXR said:

Total PS +7.461 (¥574.27m)

OD PS +2.068 (¥182.31m)

Total PS +4.446 (¥578.72m)

OD PS +1.042 (183.35m)

One more hour until midnight on Monday. Will reach ¥580m total and ¥184m OD before the final day of presales begins.

• Astonished 2

Top Single Territory FSS Admissions

1. Fate of the Furious - 35mn (China)

2. Avengers: Infinity War - 31.3mn (China)

3. Monster Hunt 2 - 31mn (China)

4. Baahubali: The Conclusion - 28mn (India)

5. The Wandering Earth - 26mn (China)

Let's see it Endgame could enter Top 5 in either USA or China. Infinity War pure FSS of $219mn in US would be around 23.3mn with $9.4 ATP for weekend. 

China having working Sunday almost make it impossible. USA will need around $260mn FSS.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Charlie Jatinder said:

Top Single Territory FSS Admissions

1. Fate of the Furious - 35mn (China)

2. Avengers: Infinity War - 31.3mn (China)

3. Monster Hunt 2 - 31mn (China)

4. Baahubali: The Conclusion - 28mn (India)

5. The Wandering Earth - 26mn (China)

Let's see it Endgame could enter Top 5 in either USA or China. Infinity War pure FSS of $219mn in US would be around 23.3mn with $9.4 ATP for weekend. 

China having working Sunday almost make it impossible. USA will need around $260mn FSS.

That said, interested if OD + Friday + Saturday could challenge FF8. That will need ¥1575mn in these three days.:sarah: assuming ¥45 ATP.

51 minutes ago, Olive said:

Theaters are still over-price it badly, the Wanda cinema near me has digital 3D show more than 200 yuan, only a couple of seats are taken.

They still only show 3D? I know a lot of people that refuse to see 3D.  Aren't they losing 10% or more of the market by now showing 2d?

Why dont they allow it?

1 minute ago, POTUS 2020 said:

They still only show 3D? I know a lot of people that refuse to see 3D.  Aren't they losing 10% or more of the market by now showing 2d?

Why dont they allow it?

No 2d copies at all.