Olive

Presales Tracking Thread(Maoyan, Taopiaopiao etc)

1 minute ago, POTUS 2020 said:

ok ok. im not always over

i said up to $85m on AQM when it was thought to be $70m. It was nearly $100m

My best call was RE6 from a week out.  I called for $90m OW, it hit, when the consensus was $40-50m

I though coco could do 1b early on ad was calling for 1.2b while holding thru 12 new releases, it hit

My first call in this thread was FF7 to $400m early in the run, fell short by $10m but most thought $350m max. 

I hate being low. There is no vision in being low.  Call for SW7 Domestic to be at least $500m, who cares.  Call for $1b and it does $938m, thats a better call.

$400m OW

Just kidding

You're last weekend prediction on the previous page was lowballing the Maoyan prediction though wasn't it? 

Just now, Premium George said:

That's true. Uncharted territory and all. 

Yep. Could do more. Its usually me that is on the low side and @POTUS 2020 that is high. 

@POTUS 2020 is usually great at predicting but this is unknown territory as you say and PS multiplier on day 3-5 could be historicly low if its not as good as  IW and China rejects a wierd ending(could happen)

1 hour ago, Gavin Feng said:

Any prediction of Sunday above 200m is bullshit. 

Can you explain why you think that? I know that sunday is full workday but saturday “only” needs to be around 400 mill to make that number

Sunday will be act like Monday.

Since Sarturday is gonna be huge ,so might see some spill-over ,still be prepare for at least 60% drop.

normally MCU movie drop close to 70% on first Monday

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Olive said:

Since Sarturday is gonna be huge ,so might see some spill-over ,still be prepare for at least 60% drop.

60% drop could certainly mean sub 200 on sunday

Detective Pikachu (17 days out)

Midnight - 300 Yuan

OD - 53.9k (2625 shows)

Sat - 32.4k

Sun - 30k

This is quite an early start for DP. Of the movies I have tracked I think only Infinity War, Bumblebee and Jurassic World 2 have had a longer run than this. Anyways its the first day, very few screens are allocated so the numbers are understandably low. I think it may not increase a whole lot relatively this week as it may get lost in the Endgame storm but it should do well next weekend onwards. Will be interesting to follow this as it could possibly be a big grosser in China. 

Edited by ZeeSoh
  • Like 4

36 minutes ago, Charlie Jatinder said:

I am ready for the most closely and obsessively tracked run in history to begin with updates every 30 minutes thanks to Maoyan

5 minutes ago, Ledmonkey96 said:

Unless I'm mistaken  Endgame is at 570~mil in presales, still has 14 hours to go.

Yes its at 570 till Sunday, 596.7 overall

Edited by ZeeSoh
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 2

8 hours ago, Olive said:

Agreed. Sun presales are one fourth of Sat as of now, and final presales will finish with around one-third (as Sun has 1 extra day). Even with a better multiplier, 60% drop is likely.

If Sat does 450m, then Sun will be around 175m and Monday will probably be in 100m vicinity.