CJohn

BATMAN V SUPERMAN WEEKEND THREAD | 166.01M OW, New March OW Record. 420.4M WW OW.

I think a number of the DC fans here are in denial as to how much this critical reception is going to hurt it at the box office. Maybe not OW,(THough I think they are being way to optimistic) but it legs are going to take a huge hit.

4 minutes ago, RichWS said:

There's no way it increases or stays flat on Saturday. This is gonna be so front-loaded tomorrow night and Friday. 

THe fans who will go too see it no matter what will flood theaters on Thursday and Friday. Saturday will be a different story when the GA takes over...the ones who will be impacted by the bad reviews.

1 minute ago, dudalb said:

I think a number of the DC fans here are in denial as to how much this critical reception is going to hurt it at the box office. Maybe not OW,(THough I think they are being way to optimistic) but it legs are going to take a huge hit.

Deadline says 160 and box office.com says 172 both came out today after reviews and both are known to be conservative we will see though

7 hours ago, James said:

Where have you been yesterday?!! The RT watch was the most mind-boggling thing I've seen in my life. I could've used some help.:lol:

I've been working a lot lately and haven't had time to be here much but the members here are making it a very uncomfortable place to hang out and so I really haven't felt like being here much.  This place is usually a fairly savvy place to talk movies.  BvS has turned a lot of the members here into walking zombies.  

• Like 9

14 minutes ago, angeldelmito said:

i'm confused, i thought previews were added into the OD?

They are, but for the sake of math/analysis/comparison, its better to split up previews and Friday business.  

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Sam said:

What's with all the talk about downgrading OW predicts? 

Anyway, I'll say 185M-190M around. Would be a very good start for this universe kickstarter. 

This thread/forum will be way more fun than the numbers though.

Fun/burning hell, same thing right?

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, somebody85 said:

And Geez man:

27% with top critics. 34% overall, it keeps falling. I don't see how this could have great WOM but stranger things have happened.

Average Rating: 4.8/10
Reviews Counted: 37
Fresh: 10
Rotten: 27

You know how it can get great WOM? Because people who pay to see it love it.  Pretty simple. 

20 minutes ago, somebody85 said:

Anyone who says the reviews won't have any effect on the opening weekend is in denial. 

http://www.businessinsider.com/batman-v-superman-bad-reviews-box-office-2016-3

It's currently at 35% on RT, 29% with top critics.

All of my most trusted critics have weighed in by now. This was originally in my top 10 anticipated for 2016 but now I'm not going.

Way too many people have echoed the same problems I had with it after reading the summary that leaked. Way too many people have said it's incoherent and style over substance. I'll have fun watching the box office but I'm not contributing to it.

I was already on the fence as is, so I don't speak for most moviegoers but just a sidenote: the only other superhero movie that I didn't see in theaters (besides Fant4astic) was Green Lantern also due to bad reviews. And I think X-Men: First Class? I don't know what happened there though because I love that movie.

So yes the reviews can effect people who were planning on going if they ended up being good.

Are you seriously new at this?  

Reviews will not effect a massive fan boy driven film like this.  

Man oh man, WTF has happened to this place in the last month?  I feel like I'm on crazy pills.

• Like 5

4 minutes ago, Baumer said:

You know how it can get great WOM? Because people who pay to see it love it.  Pretty simple. 

Right and we'll see what happens tomorrow but it hasn't happened so far. It's Flixster rating has already been gradually falling throughout the day (not by much but it is decreasing). The real test will be by Saturday night.

What I was saying is I don't see there being this giant disconnect between all of these critics and a lot of the big geek youtube reviewers who should have loved it and the GA.

But we'll see.

Edited by somebody85

1 minute ago, #ED said:

2cnb7ue.png

Spidey getting crushed under that Batmobile.

He has grown into a fine young lad worthy of being an Ed Jr. Well done! 

• Like 1