CJohn

BATMAN V SUPERMAN WEEKEND THREAD | 166.01M OW, New March OW Record. 420.4M WW OW.

7 minutes ago, CJohn said:

I don't think it will top Ultron's previews numbers. I will stick to my 165M OW prediction from a few months but drop the DOM total from 400M to 360M.

That would be awful. Considering it was outselling everything except for SW and DH2 and the fact that Marvel usually has low peviews compared to DC, I don't see how it misses 30m. How much did AoU make?

Edited by James

3 minutes ago, excel1 said:

That would be extremely low, actually, given that presales are well ahead of Ultron and TDKR, they're starting at 6, and many have tomorrow off so it is much more akin to a Friday night than a Thursday.

$40 million is my number.

I thought you retired.

• Like 5

10 minutes ago, CJohn said:

I don't think it will top Ultron's previews numbers. I will stick to my 165M OW prediction from a few months but drop the DOM total from 400M to 360M.

$165m was my original ow prediction since December. Thinking around $150m-$159m now, but hoping for actually under that. I believe the legs will be atrocious, think 1.8 or even less. 

My original prediction was $165m ow with a 2.2 multiplier, going for $363m dom. It won't go there. It won't even make more than Deadpool. Like my club predicted, like you've posted before too. 

Edited by iJackSparrow

1 minute ago, iJackSparrow said:

$165m was my original ow prediction since December. Thinking around $150m-$159m now, but hoping for actually under that. I believe the legs will be atrocious, think 1.8 or even less. 

Aren't you tired of constantly repeating the same thing over and over again. We get it: you have a problem with the movie. Still, that's no excuse for that kind of shitty prediction. 150M. LOOOOL:rofl::rofl::rofl: 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, iJackSparrow said:

Its not that bad. Calm down iJack..

2,2-2,4 is more realistic

1 minute ago, James said:

Aren't you tired of constantly repeating the same thing over and over again. We get it: you have a problem with the movie. Still, that's no excuse for that kind of shitty prediction. 150M. LOOOOL:rofl::rofl::rofl: 

No. And let's see how shitty. 

3 minutes ago, iJackSparrow said:

I have learned that everything is possible in box office and nothing can surprise me anymore tbh. My predictions is the one above, I won't change it more. Seems solid enough and I think WOM won't be toxic for it to die that hard without any competition. But hey, like I said, nothing can surprise me anymore. Everything can happen.

13 minutes ago, CJohn said:

Kind of how I feel. 2.5 off a 180M OW feels generous at this point, but who knows.

6 minutes ago, Cmasterclay said:

It is? Off a 150 OW, it would need a 2.33 multiplier to get to 350, which is not impossible obviously, but considering it has worse reviews and way more OW hype than MOS, which only had a 2.5 during summer weekdays, it seems difficult. 

Tracking went up yesterday even after reviews I'm confident 170 will happen at the least which makes at least 350 inevitable

Reviews don't matter in the sense that people are going to read every review, analyze them, and decided not to see something. But in today's instant and interconnected digital world, buzz builds. BvS has serious negative buzz coming off of it. I've seen major news sites carry stories about how bad the reviews are and all. People hear buzz, and they decide whether to spend money. Tickets are expensive. So reviews have actionable effects. For example, personal anecdote obviously, but I have been trying to get a friend to go see the movie with me tomorrow night. But several people have turned me down, with simple reasoning: "I heard it sucks." So they're not analyzing all the reviews, but clearly a negative buzz is being built that is swaying people off the fence. And my friends aren't just an isolated group of pretentious snobs- I think most people are the same way. People don't want to spend money on a movie where every bit of buzz is actively bad. And this is backed up by statistics. When I ran my regression study of this in December, I found that is doesn't really matter whatsoever if you are a good reviewed movie, an average reviewed movie, or a great reviewed movies- they have statistically even number of success. But it DOES matter if you had bad reviews. The number of 250+ movies with reviews below 50 on RT was a very, very small cluster.

• Like 12

8 minutes ago, iJackSparrow said:

My original prediction was $165m ow with a 2.2 multiplier, going for $363m dom. It won't go there. It won't even make more than Deadpool. Like my club predicted, like you've posted before too. 

It won't surprise me if it goes under Deadpool. I have been saying that since Deadpool opened. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, excel1 said:

That would be extremely low, actually, given that presales are well ahead of Ultron and TDKR, they're starting at 6, and many have tomorrow off so it is much more akin to a Friday night than a Thursday.

$40 million is my number.

Just like your 95%on RT. By the way it's going to need 1752 positives in a row to hit your magical number.

3 minutes ago, CJohn said:

It won't surprise me if it goes under Deadpool. I have been saying that since Deadpool opened. 

I think many are in for pleasant surprise this weekend in terms of box office.

3 minutes ago, CJohn said:

Yeah we both. I've even made a club for that. It got closed in favor of the whatever flame war thread fixed on the main board. 

4 minutes ago, Cmasterclay said:

Reviews don't matter in the sense that people are going to read every review, analyze them, and decided not to see something. But in today's instant and interconnected digital world, buzz builds. BvS has serious negative buzz coming off of it. I've seen major news sites carry stories about how bad the reviews are and all. People hear buzz, and they decide whether to spend money. Tickets are expensive. So reviews have actionable effects. For example, personal anecdote obviously, but I have been trying to get a friend to go see the movie with me tomorrow night. But several people have turned me down, with simple reasoning: "I heard it sucks." So they're not analyzing all the reviews, but clearly a negative buzz is being built that is swaying people off the fence. And my friends aren't just an isolated group of pretentious snobs- I think most people are the same way. People don't want to spend money on a movie where every bit of buzz is actively bad. And this is backed up by statistics. When I ran my regression study of this in December, I found that is doesn't really matter whatsoever if you are a good reviewed movie, an average reviewed movie, or a great reviewed movies- they have statistically even number of success. But it DOES matter if you had bad reviews. The number of 250+ movies with reviews below 50 on RT was a very, very small cluster.

I have the exact same problem with my friends lol. Certainly a missed opportunity here for Warner. 

• Like 1