CJohn

BATMAN V SUPERMAN WEEKEND THREAD | 166.01M OW, New March OW Record. 420.4M WW OW.

1 minute ago, filmlover said:

He's making his next film (Live by Night) right now with WB. Opens October 20 next year.

Oh, that movie is directed by him? I though he was the lead but it was not directing. Good to know.

Guys who crap on the movie without having seen it: see it, then talk. Affleck recently said off the record he's so proud of the film that it outweighs his personal problems, that's telling. He doesn't need anyone's pity either, Kev Smith said Affleck is a comic book guy and has always been a Batman fan, I have no doubt (and it shows) that he's thrilled to have the role and to be in the DCEU universe, some of you need to realize that he might legit think the movie is good (I think it's great, others do too), and it's not everyone's cup of tea

Edited by TimmyRiggins
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, CJohn said:

Some people say that, yes. It is probably true. I hope we get another Affleck directed movie soon. And I am talking about the Batman movie. I want that as well. But I want Argo/The Town Ben back.

After the BvS debacle (through no fault of Affleck), he just might run away from this entire situation as fast as possible. WB would have to bribe him with an offer he can't refuse...green light forever on all of your Argo-esque projects.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, redfirebird2008 said:

After the BvS debacle (through no fault of Affleck), he just might run away from this entire situation as fast as possible. WB would have to bribe him with an offer he can't refuse...green light forever on all of your Argo-esque projects.

Won't surprise me if it happens. He was widely praised and a movie with him and Joker Leto would make a lot of money.

2 minutes ago, grey ghost said:

Ryan Reynolds should have a talk with Affleck.

Reynolds had Blade Trinity, X-men Origins, AND Green Lantern before Deadpool.

Ryan Reynolds wasn't the star of X-men Origins nor Blade Trinity. He was in like 15 minutes of the first one. And Blade Trinity was more Wesley Snipes movie than Ryan Reynolds. 

However he did do Green Lantern and RIPD. And he was cast for Deadpool because of his role in Blade Trinity. 

Just now, Biggestgeekever said:

That yahoo interviewer torturing the cast over the reviews is hilarious lol. Maaaaaaan, Ben looks like he's aged 5 years in the last two weeks.

He is gonna age about 2 lifetimes while filming Justice League.

1 minute ago, VGPOP said:

Any comparison vs other blockbuster in the same territory for their first day?

It is destroying Man of Steel except in France.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Nova said:

How about the Avengers, TDKR and those movies? 

I have no idea, I would need to check the individual countries threads in the International Forum.

6 minutes ago, Biggestgeekever said:

That yahoo interviewer torturing the cast over the reviews is hilarious lol. Maaaaaaan, Ben looks like he's aged 5 years in the last two weeks.

He looks like he's aged a decade within the past year. His well-documented personal problems have definitely taken a toll on him.