CJohn

BATMAN V SUPERMAN WEEKEND THREAD | 166.01M OW, New March OW Record. 420.4M WW OW.

6 minutes ago, Napoleon said:

Good decision. The board have been toxic these last few days, people are acting too childish over this. It's been embarrassing. 

From the guy that just said this...

15 minutes ago, Napoleon said:

McWeenie was part of the scheme. They paid him to start the rumors, and then paid the critics to finish the job.

Oh the irony.

• Like 5

7 minutes ago, RichWS said:

There will surely be a decent amount of people there we wouldn't wanna know in real life.

For some reason I'm picturing this 70's Scorsese style hellhole with dudes jacking off, yelling lunatics etc.    

Edited by Jack Nevada
  • Like 3

Rich, Union Square is adding a 4DX screen tomorrow. The first in NY. Tickets should go on sale online starting tomorrow. I think I rather do that then Court RPX tomorrow.

Wow, really? Had no idea. I can't say I have a lot of interest in 4DX, but I'd much rather try that out then spend the bread at Court. Seeing MoS at Court RPX remains one of the most frustrating moviegoing experiences I've had. Anything to avoid those incompetent employees.

1 minute ago, RichWS said:

Wow, really? Had no idea. I can't say I have a lot of interest in 4DX, but I'd much rather try that out then spend the bread at Court. Seeing MoS at Court RPX remains one of the most frustrating moviegoing experiences I've had. Anything to avoid those incompetent employees.

I have tickets to see BvS with my wife there. I really want to try the 4DX.

I went to movietickets.com and it's cool that they still show sold outs even after movie started. I counted 22 (from 11 at 5:30pm ET) from a 40 mile radius from my zip code.

• Like 1

For some reason I'm picturing this 70's Scorsese style hellhole with dudes jacking off, yelling lunatics etc.    

42nd St is an obvious tourist nightmare, but it's still home to the craziest mofos in the city. Always amused when I see a family visiting from Iowa or France that doesn't know how to react to a ranting, aggressive nut.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, RichWS said:

I have tickets to see BvS with my wife there. I really want to try the 4DX.

Is Court RPX 2D or 3D?

1 hour ago, iJackSparrow said:

High. I'd say it's maybe even missing $900m WW.

BVS would have to drop hard in most countries for that to happen. Which is possible, but I don't think is necessarily going to happen, at least it won't drop THAT much. I still think 1 Billion is happening.

Just now, Daniel Dylan Davis said:

BVS would have to drop hard in most countries for that to happen. Which is possible, but I don't think is necessarily going to happen, at least it won't drop THAT much. I still think 1 Billion is happening.

I think people overestimate how easy is for a film to get over $1b. There are just too many factors going against it. A film to get there at this day and age needs to really resonate with audiences. If this got a reception like Deadpool did, I can totally see it getting there. Competition and buzz will kill this movie's legs imho. But let's see how it plays out. 

Just now, iJackSparrow said:

I think people overestimate how easy is for a film to get over $1b. There are just too many factors going against it. A film to get there at this day and age needs to really resonate with audiences. If this got a reception like Deadpool did, I can totally see it getting there. Competition and buzz will kill this movie's legs imho. But let's see how it plays out. 

Dude, Pirates 4 and TF4 did 1B WW :P 

There is also 0 competition.

Buzz and WOM can still kill it, tho, I won't deny that.

3 minutes ago, iJackSparrow said:

Maybe, but I still say 360m / 1.05b is the worse case scenario. Either way, I'm sure the executives at WB are a bit "shaky" about the potential number this weekend.

Just now, RichWS said:

I guess Box Office Prophets decided to take this weekend off. Am I the only one who still occasionally goes over there?

That website has looked the same for like 1000 years lol 

• Like 1