CJohn

BATMAN V SUPERMAN WEEKEND THREAD | 166.01M OW, New March OW Record. 420.4M WW OW.

3 minutes ago, department store basement said:

Affleck isn't the producer though so it wouldn't be him firing Snyder.

I don't see it happening though since didn't he turn it down already?  And now if they don't delay it he will have no prep time on a gargantuan sized movie.  Even Peyton Reed got two months to prep and he had Feige to rely on.

Just now, Lordmandeep said:

If it is 78 million Friday then unless Saturday stays near flat 160 million is in danger.

Not ragging it makes sense. 

Look at this

50 (flat)

37.5 -25%

However the chances of 50 million Saturday? 

It has a better chance of making 50M on Saturday than dropping just 25% on Sunday :lol: 

4 minutes ago, #ED said:

Right but Zootopia didn't face 4 releases in 1 weekend. China takes away Hollywood screens all the time.

These aren't big films though from what I can tell and they wouldn't take away that great % of screens if BvS was doing better.

Edited by TalismanRing

27 minutes ago, Nova said:

Nothing new. Just the same people calling everyone a hater who doesn't like the movie. 

Nice try. Theres one person doing that. The ones who hate the movie are much more vitriolic and spitting venom.

• Like 6

They can't delay JL, IMO. The cast is gigantic, they just can't push the shooting 3 months back. Part of them probably would have to leave the project. 

1 minute ago, CJohn said:

They can't delay JL, IMO. The cast is gigantic, they just can't push the shooting 3 months back. Part of them probably would have to leave the project. 

But the also can't afford to keep a director who will barely get them a profit for this.... there's no way the Justice League will generate the amount of buzz BvS got with Snyder in charge.

Just now, Lordmandeep said:

Two things happened.

Either Good Friday gave a big boost and this is going to have a low weekend multiplier now.

Or Good Friday was more a normal Friday to this and it should do around 165 million 

Or the west coast didn't come to the rescue.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, aliadiere29 said:

All assumptions at this point, but I suspect WB will checking the box office every day for the next 3 weeks pretty closely.

They should. 

I have trust in Lego batman though.