CJohn

BATMAN V SUPERMAN WEEKEND THREAD | 166.01M OW, New March OW Record. 420.4M WW OW.

Good start for BvS OW wise. Not sure how well it's going to do over all though. 

Another excelent hold for Zootopia. 

That's pretty good for MBFGW2. Didn't expect it to open to that much. 

And just because, TFA had another excelent hold. 

• Community Manager
Just now, MrFanaticGuy34 said:

The only competitors it has in April is "The Jungle Book" & "The Huntsman Winter's War" But i don't think they will affect BvS, too much like what "Monsters University" & "World War Z" affected Man of Steel.

Cause one of those is a guaranteed flop?

3 minutes ago, Emerald kikyou said:

I think Bryan is too old for the role .They need someone close to superman's age.It should have been someone like Loki ( Tom H ) but a bit more intimidating. Michael Rosenbaum from smallville would have been a much better choice, but I understand how they don't people to mix the two world by bringing someone from the series to act the same role in the movie.

Like Gene Hackman to Christopher Reeve or Kevin Spacey to Brandon Routh? ;op

Edited by incognitoo

13 minutes ago, filmlover said:

A part of me wishes Bryan Cranston had actually accepted the role (well, not really, he's better than this). As much of a fan of Eisenberg as I am, he's about as intimidating as Piglet from the Winnie the Pooh stories/cartoons.

He is not supposed to be heroic, he is slimy, manipulative, coward. He is not depicted as a cool elegant master criminal like Hans Gruber or bad-ass militant villain like Bane whom the audience can enjoy or even admire. Eisenberg is supposed to be a nasal, pathetic loser with genius IQ, Hollywood's recent barrage of hate letter to the whole tech hype (drone, digital download, digital camera, surveillance etc) and also the arrogant Silicon Valley type.

• Community Manager
3 minutes ago, Emerald kikyou said:

I think Bryan is too old for the role .They need someone close to superman's age.It should have been someone like Loki ( Tom H ) but a bit more intimidating. Michael Rosenbaum from smallville would have been a much better choice, but I understand how they don't want people to mix the two world by bringing someone from the series to act the same role in the movie.

Would have been awesome if they could have gotten Michael Keaton to play Batman again. :ph34r:

• Like 1

1 minute ago, BKB IS CAPTAIN AMERICA said:

I Mean, :wtf:You'd think they could've sprung for a real baby in that scene for

Fuck Sakes.. :rofl:

Seriously I think it is supposed to be a joke. This guy should not even hold a real baby after he kills one in the opening scene.

• Like 1

I think Zootopia's number is pretty normal. It had around the same Friday increase as The Croods (+110%), How to Train Your Dragon (+110%), Horton Hears a Who! (+107%), and Ice Age 2 (+119%) (which is the only one that didn't open the week previous). I believe Rio 1 and 2, Home and Monsters v Aliens had a bigger increase because  they skewed more towards families and younger kids, which is probably why Ice Age 2 has a closer to a 120% increase than a 110% increase although that film came of an already huge Thursday increase of 38% so the Friday increase was muted. This brings me to my next point...Wednesday to Friday increases.

Skewing towards kids                                                                                                                                             Weekend #

Rio 2 had a huge 158% increase on Friday but had a 19% increase on Thursday (+206% from Wednesday)                              2

Rio had a huge 156% increase on Friday but had a 15% increase on Thursday (+194% from Wednesday)                                 2 

Home had a huge 150% increase on Friday and a big 33% increase on Thursday (+231% from Wednesday)                             2

Monsters vs Aliens had a huge 145% increase on Friday but a 17% increase on Thursday (+189% from Wednesday)                 3 

Ice Age 2 had a 119% increase on Friday but a huge 38% increase already on Thursday (+203% from Wednesday)                  3 

Skewing towards kids but with a considerable adult audience (Especially Zootopia and Dragon)

Zootopia had a 112% increase on Friday but a big 25% increase on Thursday (+166% from Wednesday)                                  4

The Croods had a 110% increase on Friday and a 20% increase on Thursday (+153% from Wednesday)                                  2 

How to Train Your Dragon had a 110% increase on Friday and a 16% increase on Thursday (+144% from Wednesday)             2

Horton Hears a Who! had a 107% increase on Friday and a 24% increase on Thursday (+157% from Wednesday)                    2

The Wednesday to Friday increase of "kiddie" animated films tends to be higher than the more "adult" animated films. Since Zootopia is in its 4th weekend rather than its 2nd, it should have had a better Friday increase (120% to 130%) but a good portion of its adult audience was taken by Batman v Superman and since that movie will be dropping a lot today, I expect it to get back some adult audience and stay flat today and decrease less than normal tomorrow (-35%) for a $25 million 4th weekend.

• Like 1