CJohn

BATMAN V SUPERMAN WEEKEND THREAD | 166.01M OW, New March OW Record. 420.4M WW OW.

1 minute ago, redfirebird2008 said:

It just proves what I told you about Good Friday in West Texas. Might as well have been a national holiday around here yesterday. 

In most of Texas really, I'm in the South area, yesterday was crowded as fuck, everywhere, traffic was horrible. Compare to that, today is like deserted land lol.

• Like 1

Just now, CaptainJackSparrow said:

Considering I love both Man of Steel and Batman VS Superman, I need to see Snyder's other films for sure.

As Ethan was mentioning earlier, the one about the Owls is actually pretty good.

4 minutes ago, redfirebird2008 said:

It just proves what I told you about Good Friday in West Texas. Might as well have been a national holiday around here yesterday. 

I guess you're right, il do a parking lot comparison tonight too.

3 minutes ago, #ED said:

I guess you're right, il do a parking lot comparison tonight too.

Tonight? Matinees are where the holiday effect happens. Based on what you said about workers in New York, the matinees should be stronger today in your neck of the woods. Should help offset the Bible Belt drops. 

Edited by redfirebird2008

I have to say after all this, that Snyder is one hell of trailer maestro. Remember that 300 trailer set to that Nine Inch Nail's "Just Like You Imagined", the melancholic slo-mo of Watchmen trailer set to that Smashing Pumpkin song, one of the best doom-gloom trailers ever made, and of course those 2 amazing MoS teasers, each with voiceovers by Russell Crowe & Kevin Costner setting up MoS to be a movie about a child guided by 2 fathers -- too bad it devolves into smash-n-bash replay of Matrix Revolution. I think Snyder & co missed another chance to tell another great story about Bruce Wayne vs Clark Kent conflict: rich playboy vs  farm-boy journalist, fascist vs libertarian, absolutist vs idealist etc rather than an overstuffed Justice League primer.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, zackzack said:

Either way, BvS proves another crazy new thing in 2016: March is the new April, and before with Deadpool: February is the new May.

If Hollywood could do the same thing with September, October & January ($100M ++ opening), there may be one year in the future when it is summer all year around.

March has always been a been big month. 300, The Hunger Games, Alice in Wonderland. 

10 minutes ago, Daniel Dylan Davis said:

Very likely, though final gross depends on legs of course.

How is it very likely when it's estimated that it's going to make $168M? That would put it below IM3

23 minutes ago, redfirebird2008 said:

Tonight? Matinees are where the holiday effect happens. Based on what you said about workers in New York, the matinees should be stronger today in your neck of the woods. Should help offset the Bible Belt drops. 

No worries, theaters don't have parking lots here anyway. :)

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Nova said:

How is it very likely when it's estimated that it's going to make $168M? That would put it below IM3

Depends on how it holds on Saturday. That number is just currently an estimate at this point.

Edited by Daniel Dylan Davis

6 minutes ago, Telemachos said:

Moderation:

Guys, if you start discussing character motivations in the movie, you need to take that to the Spoiler Thread (or the review thread). I've had to go back and edit a few posts for spoilers. 

THIS IS NOT A SPOILER THREAD

And you do this for free? 

• Like 3