CJohn

BATMAN V SUPERMAN WEEKEND THREAD | 166.01M OW, New March OW Record. 420.4M WW OW.

5 minutes ago, Stringer Bell Theory said:

I finally saw BvS yesterday. There were things I really liked but I was mostly just bored. Some things were beyond ridiculous but my biggest problem was that it is boring. I don't get people who hate the film but really don't get people who love it either.

I had people at work tell me they loved it and then spent the next ten minutes talking about the things that they'd change in it and things that need to be taken out and I'm just sitting there like then how can you love a film you want to change? 

1 minute ago, TalismanRing said:

No, she wrote

;)

BvS may struggle to get that.

MOS had a 2.45 multiplier in China. You're implying that BvS "will struggle" to get a measly 1.84 multiplier.

Damn.

2 minutes ago, grey ghost said:

The trades Monday morning:

"Civil War tracking above 225 m OW"

Absolutely hope that happens. It would mean our forum has immense power and that Star Wars nonsense wasn't just a fluke :lol: 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, aliadiere29 said:

If Civil War has good word of mouth and better reviews than Batman v Superman..... but makes less at the box office, will it be classed as a disappointment?

It will be classified as a fantasy because that's not happening.  :redcapes:

• Like 1

1 minute ago, CJohn said:

Well, some people would, I am sure. And it is exactly because it would be ridiculous that I think it would be fun :lol: 

It would be a farse. A fabricated and artificial meltdown, made by people that actually like BvS, like you. And it would be fun, but not for the reasons I think you're thinking of. You know something is off when people need to gloat about meltdowns to justify one. Over AoU and TA is completely justified and it'd be indeed hilarious. IM3 you are just asking for too much.

It's way below most of the "prestige" users here thought it could be heading. People just keep trying to find new ways to paint these numbers like it's a win when it clearly isn't that some will look simply silly when the legs show its obvious effects. From fanboys and people not used with this I can understand it, but from people with actual knowledge about box office I feel it's kinda baffling.

6 minutes ago, aliadiere29 said:

If Civil War has good word of mouth and better reviews than Batman v Superman..... but makes less at the box office, will it be classed as a disappointment?

How will Civil War be classed as a disappointment when making less than BvS will obviously still make it a huge success?

Reminds me of all the brouhaha when Ultron was considered a disappointment even though it made an absolutely massive amount of money.

3 minutes ago, BKB IS CAPTAIN AMERICA said:

Honestly, I just don't see this making less $$$$$ cause the WOM is infinitely better than what BvsS has received and the last trailer was a homerun... It also enjoys the benefit of being the 1st out of the gate for the Summer, a Prime Spot so to speak in May 6th..

many has hated Spidey and his weird moving CGI eyes plus the small size of him would look weird next to the other heroes

1 minute ago, department store basement said:

How will Civil War be classed as a disappointment when making less than BvS will obviously still make it a huge success?

Reminds me of all the brouhaha when Ultron was considered a disappointment even though it made an absolutely massive amount of money.

I'm just wondering.

2 minutes ago, iJackSparrow said:

It would be a farse. A fabricated and artificial meltdown, made by people that actually like BvS, like you. And it would be fun, but not for the reasons I think you're thinking of. You know something is off when people need to gloat about meltdowns to justify one. Over AoU and TA is completely justified and it'd be indeed hilarious. IM3 you are just asking for too much.

It's way below most of the "prestige" users here thought it could be heading. People just keep trying to find new ways to paint these numbers like it's a win when it clearly isn't that some will look simply silly when the legs show its obvious effects. From fanboys and people not used with this I can understand it, but from people with actual knowledge about box office I feel it's kinda baffling.

I would just watch man. I agree with you when you said that why would people care that beat IM3? Most wouldn't care.

45 minutes ago, La Binoche said:

While you wait for the #s, read Roger Ebert's 4-star review of The Cook, The Thief, His Wife & Her Lover and watch the movie on Netflix Instant Watch now! 

the-cook-thief-his-wife-and-her-lover-mo

This is one of the most amazing and visual movies i´ve ever seen, very recommendable.

• Like 2