CJohn

BATMAN V SUPERMAN WEEKEND THREAD | 166.01M OW, New March OW Record. 420.4M WW OW.

The instant labeling of 'trolls' 'haters' 'this and that-biased' soon as people say things you don't like has gotta be the most annoying thing for me about our forum. 

Seriously, some of ya'll should learn to chill. 

• Like 12

Just now, Sam said:

The instant labeling of 'trolls' 'haters' 'this and that-biased' soon as people say things you don't like has gotta be the most annoying thing for me about our forum. 

What would you call a person who doesn't think this movie will make $800M WW? 

16 minutes ago, department store basement said:

They won't as long as Arrow and The Flash are still on the air and well liked

Reveal hidden contents

Oh boy. Everyone will be maimed or traumatized by that point

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Lordmandeep said:

The hatred will spread as the haters will see it :lol:

Indeed, but they are forgetting something: PPl love to be a part of a successful thing, so watching it being so successful over 1 weekend 

will draw more ppl to check what's the hype is all about, and how can it be a "bad movie" and yet so many ppl watched it
So big numbers makes a far bigger noise than 200 critics which may have some effect in the US, but WW they are nothing.

• Like 1

Let me just say that sometimes critics DO have an agenda against a film.

I read the reviews for The Choice last month and they were basically all "NICHOLAS SPARKS MOVIES SHOULD DIE!!!". Almost none of them were reviews of the actual movie.

However, that's not the case for BvS. The critics who didn't like it went into good detail about why they didn't like it. Their reasons were convincing.

5 minutes ago, boomboom234 said:

In parts of europe easter holdiays are a few weeks like Christmas holidays here, think of it like an extended spiring break

It's the same here. After Easter there is a week off for schools/highschools. It is the reason why FF7 was so huge here. It made about half of it's money in that week.

Edited by James
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Nova said:

What would you call a person who doesn't think this movie will make $800M WW? 

I'm sure my lovely fellow BOT posters will come up with all sorts of colorful names for that person. I don't feel like trying.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, department store basement said:

Let me just say that sometimes critics DO have an agenda against a film.

I read the reviews for The Choice last month and they were basically all "NICHOLAS SPARKS MOVIES SHOULD DIE!!!". Almost none of them were reviews of the actual movie.

However, that's not the case for BvS. The critics who didn't like it went into good detail about why they didn't like it. Their reasons were convincing.

Some critics did have an agenda against the film saying they were waiting to pan it but not all

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Sam said:

This

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, GiantCALBears said:

Easter is today James...

OS has another full week of Easter holidays starting Monday. UK has 2 weeks. School only starts in early April. 

• Like 1

My long range predictions:

170M OW

Opening Week: 53M (223M Total)

Apr 1: 72M (-58%; 22M Weekdays, 317M Total)

Apr 8: 36M (-50%; 10M Weekdays, 363M Total)

Apr 15: 16M (-56%; 4.5M Weekdays, 383.5M Total)

Apr 22: 9M (-44%; 2.5M Weekdays, 395M Total)

Apr 29: 4.3M (-48%; 1M Weekdays, 400.3M Total)

May 6: 1.7M (-60%; 400k Weekdays, 402.4M Total)

I think it's going to be O/U 400M with a 2.35 mutli

Edited by WrathOfHan
  • Like 2

11 minutes ago, Sam said:

200w.gif

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Sam said:

I found out this weekend that we are apparently supposed to root for all projects, SUPPORT THE INDUSTRY OR YOU ARE A TROLL/HATER.

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, James said:

This will fly past 1B. Are people actually thinking this will have less than a 2.35x multi, especially with the Easter holidays coming up?

Yes. I think its very possible that this film that it has less than a 2.35x multi