CJohn

BATMAN V SUPERMAN WEEKEND THREAD | 166.01M OW, New March OW Record. 420.4M WW OW.

I wouldnt care if my kid saw this and I certainly saw less child friendly things as a kid. But i think for the average parent this film would be considered too dark for children. 

As for earlier comparisons - this is so much darker than DMC (which was basically an action comedy) its not even funny. I dont think it could have been darker if they tried (harder than they obviously did). Maybe Batman could have been diagnosed with late stage Batcancer or something halfway through....

The view from China's BO:

Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice (蝙蝠侠大战超人:正义黎明) debuted in China with a coveted Friday day-and-date with the US, earning RMB 129 million ($19.8 million) including RMB 8.8 million ($1.35 million) from Thursday midnight screenings.

Notably, its opening day was the sixth biggest ever for a Hollywood import, and after the late-night Thursday showings its online user rating on cultural website Douban soared to 8.1/10, likey fueled by initial fanboy reaction.

However, as a broader class of Chinese moviegoers took to the cinemas over the weekend, that score tumbled to 6.7/10 Saturday saw a measly 13% increase in ticket sales to RMB 145 million ($22.3 million). In comparison, Spectre — which was widely shunned by Chinese audiences following its $49 million debut in November — had a 30% bump on its first Saturday.

Things will only get worse for what was supposed to be a gangbusters kickoff to Warner Bros.’ challenge to Disney’s wildly successful Marvel Cinematic Universe. Sunday saw a steep 33% drop at the box office, giving Batman v Superman RMB 372 million ($57.1 million) for the three-day weekend, according to initial reported figures, a bit below analyst expectations of $70-$80 million.

Weekday drops will continue to hit the film hard, and increased competition from local films opening for the Tomb Sweeping Holiday next Friday are likely to see its box office receipts drop by a precipitous 80% or more in its second weekend. In the end, Batman v Superman’s box office receipts will likely crawl just over the $100 million threshold, far below initial predictions of $150-$230 million.

http://chinafilminsider.com/china-box-office-batman-v-superman-fails-pack-punch/

11 minutes ago, Cynosure said:

Should finish below Ant-Man in the market.

What was Ant-Man's finish there? I need to give Ant-Man a second look any day. I know that I didn't like it that much but I was at a very bad mood that day. Sometime before Civil War I'll do it.

Well hey at least it's still the biggest Batman OW, right? Really glad to see it beat those overrated dumb Nolan movies @MrPink

It did beat all of those overrated dumb Star Wars movies except the most recent. And 75% of the overrated dumb Marvel movies. Pretty good.

Will be interesting to see how its legs compare to the overrated dumb Hunger Games and Iron Man 3

• Like 14

2 minutes ago, Chewy said:

Well hey at least it's still the biggest Batman OW, right? Really glad to see it beat those overrated dumb Nolan movies @MrPink

It did beat all of those overrated dumb Star Wars movies except the most recent. And 75% of the overrated dumb Marvel movies. Pretty good.

Will be interesting to see how its legs compare to the overrated dumb Hunger Games and Iron Man 3

That's the spirit!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, iJackSparrow said:

What was Ant-Man's finish there? I need to give Ant-Man a second look any day. I know that I didn't like it that much but I was at a very bad mood that day. Sometime before Civil War I'll do it.

672M yuan. Will need a 1.8 multiplier to get there. Seems easy but multipliers can be very low in China and its legs are truly awful (69% sunday-monday drop when standard is 55-60%).

3 minutes ago, Chewy said:

aging-wine-cheers-red-wine-xl.jpeg

• Like 2