CJohn

BATMAN V SUPERMAN WEEKEND THREAD | 166.01M OW, New March OW Record. 420.4M WW OW.

3 hours ago, AndyLL said:

It means fanboys liked it.  Trying to predict the OW from that is like trying to predict the OW off of fan previews.

I'll wait until tonight to determine if it will meet or beat my expectations. (160-170)

Comparing to ultron that is the same opening day, now ultron fell 33% Saturday while this will have a softer fall but age of ultron only fell 11% Sunday off stay which this movie will be higher but why are ultrons numbers impalpable again with the same previews and od

1 minute ago, GiantCALBears said:

How tired are you going to be by Sunday night man? I feel exhausted for ya.

He doesn't owe these people anymore. He's given us EVERYTHING.

tumblr_m3cnrz2MYa1ruvmi3o2_250.gif

• Like 3

1 minute ago, #ED said:

Agreed. 80M could mean a frontloaded 160M or... 180M+.

81-85 is the same Od as ultron now this won't fall as hard as ultron did on Saturday because there is no fight but then it will fall harder Sunday but why are ultron numbers not being considered

Let's assume that BvS first friday is $77M (right in the current range)

BvS first friday without previews --> 77 - 27.7 = $49.3M

TFA second friday (obviously no previews) --> $49.3M

:jeb!:

Damn son

1 minute ago, boomboom234 said:

Comparing to ultron that is the same opening day, now ultron fell 33% Saturday while this will have a softer fall but age of ultron only fell 11% Sunday off stay which this movie will be higher but why are ultrons numbers impalpable again with the same previews and od

BvS could fall harder than 33% on Saturday, it is coming off holiday and is not as family orientated as Marvel films

• Like 1

The conspiracy theories are beyond hilarious.  The amount of critics that Disney would have to bribe to have an effect is gigantic and the bad publicity that would come out if it was true (and it would get publicized for sure because one of the 100+ critics that didn't like the movie would say something) would be far worse for Disney than the minimal positives of Batman vs. Superman slightly underperforming).  And if Disney/Marvel had incentive to bribe critics about movies to bring them down it would be the Fox and Sony Marvel properties (pre-Spidey agreement) they would want to do that to since they have more skin in those games since if those movies perform poorly Marvel may someday get those properties back.  And yet, the last 2 X-Men movies, Wolverine and Deadpool all got good to very good reviews. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, boomboom234 said:

Ultron's first Friday wasn't a holiday, so it didn't have inflated Thursday previews or matinees.

7 minutes ago, MrPink said:

Lol, how is that not good?

170 million OW is good. 

It is gonna be frontloaded. It won't reach 170M.

5 minutes ago, #ED said:

Agreed. 80M could mean a frontloaded 160M or... 180M+.

It is gonna be frontloaded.

5 minutes ago, GiantCALBears said:

How tired are you going to be by Sunday night man? I feel exhausted for ya.

I am playing The Division AND posting here at the same time. It is insane. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, CJohn said:

It is gonna be frontloaded. It won't reach 170M.

It is gonna be frontloaded.

I am playing The Division AND posting here at the same time. It is insane. 

It will be front loaded, sure. But if it does 83-84 million, it can reach 170 million. Maybe even 175 million if it touches 85 million. The other thing is that Tele noted LA performed pretty well for BvS in previews, so that number could trend towards the higher end the later we get into the night

Edited by MrPink
  • Like 3

22 minutes ago, Emerald kikyou said:

Why are you believing someone on redit? Anyone can write this kind of stupid stuff.No,I don't think Disney is paying them,for God's sake people.I'm a DC fan too,please stop making us look bad!

It must be true, it's on the internet!

• Like 1

After seeing the film I can clearly say this will have at least decent legs. I know different countries like different things but I just don't think the audiences are so far from one another. I saw a lot of smiles at the end and a lot of excited people discussing the movie.  

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, James said:

After seeing the film I can clearly say this will have at least decent legs. I know different countries like different things but I just don't think the audiences are so far from one another. I saw a lot of smiles at the end and a lot of excited people discussing the movie.  

Where are you from?

3 minutes ago, James said:

Did you liked it?