CJohn

BATMAN V SUPERMAN WEEKEND THREAD | 166.01M OW, New March OW Record. 420.4M WW OW.

Just now, Ethan Hunt said:

:unsure:

They're doing fine and BvS is probably doing great in their eyes. 

And when I said it isn't what they are claiming? Sony also said that TASM2 was a huge success for them after its opening weekend, same for TASM1. Affleck is easily the best thing in the film, and I'm not sure how can anyone can claim that it's doing great without the opening weekend finished yet. 

Moderation:

1. Watch the spoilers, guys. There wasn't anything major, but we're trying to keep this thread as clean as possible.

2. Try to keep at least vaguely on topic. I mean, if you're gonna digress, at least keep it with the flow of conversation. Random JLaw GIFs and JLaw hate, I'm looking at you.

3. It's official, we have our first person banned for the weekend. Play nice.

• Like 6

1 minute ago, iJackSparrow said:

And when I said it isn't what they are claiming? Sony also said that TASM2 was a huge success for them after its opening weekend, same for TASM1. Affleck is easily the best thing in the film, and I'm not sure how can anyone can claim that it's doing great without the opening weekend finished yet. 

Sony always said they wanted 1B for TASM2...

2 minutes ago, iJackSparrow said:

Well, you are making a determination of OW, legs, final domestic and final WW based on preview numbers, so people doing the opposite are also not off base right now.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Ethan Hunt said:

I got mostly the same except minus Civil War and plus Lego Batman and The Huntsman

How was the reception for Lego Batman...did it get laughs?

Just now, CoolioD1 said:

just when i thought i was all "fuck those dc crazies" ijack is single-handedly making this a film to root for.

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEES

We can't lose with Coolio on our team now B)

The Norwalk-Montebello-Fullerton trio of AMC theaters is doing some mega business today. Especially Fullerton which has sold out 23 out of 25 available showtimes today (and the other 2 are 3-4 seats away from selling out). Won't be surprised if each of those theaters added more shows late into the evening.

• Like 5

5 minutes ago, Telemachos said:

This was directly refuted -- by multiple people -- a few hours ago. Why do you keep spreading nonsense?

Why is it nonsense? They did projected $110M. It gone up, but still doesn't change the fact that a few days ago they were projecting that. And even so, the highest it got was $150M. The movie is still outperforming any projections.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, CJohn said:

Sony always said they wanted 1B for TASM2...

Are we sure that BvS is getting $1b? Are we sure that the drops won't be affected by the buzz? Wouldn't BvS open a LOT bigger with a film that had positive buzz and reviews aka a good film? My point is that I get your work here is keep things under control and people not fighting, but claiming that it's doing great when we are still on Friday and completely ignoring all the things that this film has it against it is a bit of a tall order.

And we are having it good here on the boards. If you think that the ambient is toxic, check the SHH boards and realize that people are actually behaving pretty well here mostly, other than the gratuitous attacks against people that didn't like the film or people trolling with Marvel RT scores. The buzz is toxic and I've literally never seen the Internet reacting to a film like this since Green Lantern. How much toxic can it get and how it'll affect the box office it's still a question mark, but history tell us that superhero films don't have a bullet proof armor against negative buzz and reviews. Sincerely not even TASM2 had it this bad, hence why I don't believe this is getting to $1b and going at the very least below Deadpool domestic. How is that a win, it's truly beyond my understanding.

6 minutes ago, CoolioD1 said:

i actually enjoyed the film too. how about that. solid B.

B?!?!?!

Holy shit. I didn't knew that. Crazy. Just crazy, I didn't see this coming. 

2 minutes ago, Napoleon said:

Why is it nonsense? They did projected $110M. It gone up, but still doesn't change the fact that a few days ago they were projecting that. And even so, the highest it got was $150M. The movie is still outperforming any projections.

110 was the 'studio' projection which is basically trying to keep expectations low so the result can be spun in their advantage.

Anyway, hope it can get 170-175.  I think my projection was 175 for the longest time.

Edited by AdamKendall