CJohn

BATMAN V SUPERMAN WEEKEND THREAD | 166.01M OW, New March OW Record. 420.4M WW OW.

• Community Manager
2 hours ago, BoxOfficeZ said:

Yeah, the theater here is packed as well, lines going around the corner and parking lots completely full. Haven't seen anything like it since TFA

TFA was like 3 months ago and this is the first major blockbuster of the year. :lol:

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Water Bottle said:

TFA was like 3 months ago and this is the first major blockbuster of the year. :lol:

1 minute ago, Water Bottle said:

Deadpool? Zootopia? I guess it depends on how you define major blockbuster

7 minutes ago, Crossfire said:

Those are good numbers but this is superman and batman, two of the most iconic superheroes of all time, i would've expected bigger numbers,this making less than IM3 is kinda disappointing. 

But Avengers and IM3 got a chance to snowball.

2 minutes ago, angeldelmito said:

most of it is just people talking shit

Oh well, that's ok. This movie's od seemingly refused to run with the hopes and expectations of many people (mine included) so one or two heartattacks and a fistful of rants are understandable. And RTH's forecast gave the last push into sheer madness I guess. Utter chaos, rampant destruction. Where is Superman when he's needed most.

81 - 85 million? This is blasphemy. This is madness.

Every showing sold out today and tomorrow at my theater - wow! 7:30 showing was totally sold out, folks sitting on the steps!

NO SPOILERS OF ANY KIND EXCEL...BE CAREFUL PLEASE.....(BAUMER) Haters, SHUT IT - there was NO CLAPPING in any theater for green lantern or IRON MAN 2...BVS is pretty fucking good.

5 minutes ago, #ED said:

You mean cover it?

I figured it out. Last time I renewed, WaterBottle had to do something with the invoice for it to trigger properly for me to renew, but no issues this time

giphy.gif

AHHHHAHAHAHAHA, AFTER 10000 YEARS I AM FREE

• Like 8

• Community Manager
1 minute ago, Ethan Hunt said:

Deadpool? Zootopia? I guess it depends on how you define major blockbuster

Zootopia didn't even have a $100 million OW.

1 minute ago, Nova said:

Deadpool would like to say something about that...

Deadpool wasn't a major tentpole release that was guaranteed to hit at least $100 million OW before release. It broke out but it wasn't an event movie like this one. It's a blockbuster, sure, but it's lower budget and low BO expectations going in kinda means it's not a major blockbuster. Just a regular, normal one.