CJohn

BATMAN V SUPERMAN WEEKEND THREAD | 166.01M OW, New March OW Record. 420.4M WW OW.

2 minutes ago, redfirebird2008 said:

Based on the earlier numbers yesterday compared to official estimate and Tele's sellout reports for Thursday shows, it seems this is another movie that overperforms in the West compared to the rest of the country. So maybe we'll see it go over 50 for today. 

Haven't seen Tele's sellout reports, but my theater was a zoo again. They cancelled 3 showings of Allegiant and gave 2 of them to BvS and one to Zootopia (poor, poor Lionsgate). IMAX, RPX and the 21+ lounge showtimes are sold out and they added more 2D showings.

• Like 5

Just now, grim22 said:

Haven't seen Tele's sellout reports, but my theater was a zoo again. They cancelled 3 showings of Allegiant and gave 2 of them to BvS and one to Zootopia (poor, poor Lionsgate). IMAX, RPX and the 21+ lounge showtimes are sold out and they added more 2D showings.

Here in Portugal it was mental. The theater was packed. Two shows (9 PM and 9:20 PM), both sold out well in advance. That is 535 people right there. 

Just now, grim22 said:

drove past my theater, its in a shopping center so  large parking lot overflowing full people parking in the red lobster parking lot to get space

Just now, CJohn said:

Here in Portugal it was mental. The theater was packed. Two shows (9 PM and 9:20 PM), both sold out well in advance. That is 535 people right there. 

I honestly feel for Lionsgate. My theater appears in the top 10 engagement list Rth provides very consistently, and is probably the biggest theater by occupancy in Orange County. Allegiant just chose their release date very poorly.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, #ED said:

53M possible? How? 

God vs Man. Day vs Night. The biggest gladiator battle in the history of the world. That is how. 

48 minutes ago, grim22 said:

13 more hours for "Official Estimates".

WB will say 170M and it will drop 1-2M with official numbers. 

• Like 7

2 minutes ago, filmlover said:

The backlash against The Phantom Menace didn't really start until like a year or two after it opened. Like Titanic, it wasn't an immediate thing.

The backlash started day One.

Thousands of people hated this film on opening day, Internet wasn't just as developed back then.

1 minute ago, grim22 said:

I meant based on Tele's sellout reports for Thursday, it seemed the film would do over $30m for Thursday previews. Came up short of that because the rest of the country didn't perform as well as Los Angeles. Yesterday the earlier reports from industry people indicated something in the high 70's and official estimate ended up at 82 as RTH projected. So maybe we could see something similar tonight. 49 is the baseline and if the West Coast kicks some butt again, then we might see something over 50. 

3 minutes ago, grim22 said:

That's so mean to Allegiant, they don't even let the movie have a chance of winning.

Just now, grim22 said:

I honestly feel for Lionsgate. My theater appears in the top 10 engagement list Rth provides very consistently, and is probably the biggest theater by occupancy in Orange County. Allegiant just chose their release date very poorly.

They wanted to kill the franchise. They sabotaged the damn movie. OS distributors wanted to get their money back so that is why OS it came out one week before MURICA.

Have you read what I said before about it? The movie is basically a troll job for the book fans anyway :lol: 

• Like 1

Just now, grim22 said:

It wouldn't have done much better no matter what. People were beginning to check out of the series after the first and an RT score approaching single digits was enough to encourage everyone who was continuing to jump off or rapidly losing interest to just not even bother.

4 minutes ago, grim22 said:

Haven't seen Tele's sellout reports, ...

West Coast probably over-represented big time. Final LA sellout report was 100 sellouts / 591 showtimes. Only the third movie I've tracked that reached triple digit sellouts (other two were TDKR and SW7).

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, The Futurist said:

The backlash started day One.

Thousands of people hated this film on opening day, Internet wasn't just as developed back then.

Sure, the movie had vocal detractors, but it didn't stop a majority of them from going back to see it multiple times. Heck, I didn't even love the film then and I still saw it twice.

8 minutes ago, TommyA10 said:

TPM, a movie that apparently destroyed and raped people's childhoods made 7x its OW (or 4x if we include Wednesday and Thursday) for a huge total of $400+ million in 1999 ($700+ million adjusted). BvS ain't coming near that adjusted figure (Maybe even unadjusted as well).

TPM did have better reviews though. :ph34r:

Thank you for the input. But... what is a TPM? Hm? Menacing Phantom? Never heard of thi... Hm? What? Sta...

k5wmi8uzkhgilfq1a.gif

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Telemachos said:

West Coast probably over-represented big time. Final LA sellout report was 100 sellouts / 591 showtimes. Only the third movie I've tracked that reached triple digit sellouts (other two were TDKR and SW7).

Tell me it is doing the same tonight. You know how happy I would be if the actual Saturday number is over 50M? Well, I would be very, very happy, I can tell you that. 

• Like 1