CJohn

BATMAN V SUPERMAN WEEKEND THREAD | 166.01M OW, New March OW Record. 420.4M WW OW.

1 minute ago, grim22 said:

Didn't he return for a small stretch last year before getting banned again. 

Just realized that it has been quite some time since Movieman made an alt-account. I think Donald the gay Ugandan from Kampala who loves Hollywood movies and the NY Giants (A+ for creativity) was his last alt account, he lasted way longer than all his other accounts on that one.

Yeah, he stayed hidden for so long with that account. :lol:

2 minutes ago, Ozymandias said:

I remember him relentlessly making fun of Cameron for going down to South America and hanging out with a primitive rain forest tribe.  He was linking the videos and all.  Maybe it was the behind the scenes footage that flipped him?  Dunno.

Yeah, he ranted about Cameron's environmentalism beliefs, etc. Strange thing is it took him awhile to catch on. I remember Cameron going on TV shows when Avatar first came out to discuss climate change and whatnot. Maybe the tribe thing set him off for whatever reason, lol. Either way the guy seemed pretty much insane. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Ohana said:

I was just checking what results I would get on Facebook with #BvS
I'm really surprised by the amount of ppl who talked about it in the last 6-7 hours, how much they loved this film

and how their friends respond by "gonna have to see it now"
I'm so happy WoM is positive

tell them to not see it until monday

tumblr_inline_ns3x7wjhE21qf89pq_500.gif

1 minute ago, Ohana said:

I was just checking what results I would get on Facebook with #BvS
I'm really surprised by the amount of ppl who talked about it in the last 6-7 hours, how much they loved this film

and how their friends respond by "gonna have to see it now"
I'm so happy WoM is positive

Someone says the exact opposite about their Facebook feed in 3...2... The number of personal anecdotes which swing in the way people want them to swing over the past 2 days is too damn high.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Biggestgeekever said:

Seattle evening shows appear to not be selling out, and the Boeing IMAX 10pm theater still has over 150 tickets tickets available.

What I'm saying is, don't count on us Pacific Northwest hipsters to pull our weight in getting today over $50M. :ph34r:

It's still only 7:35 in your neck of the woods though at least. There is still hope. :P

3 minutes ago, grim22 said:

Didn't he return for a small stretch last year before getting banned again. 

Just realized that it has been quite some time since Movieman made an alt-account. I think Donald the gay Ugandan from Kampala who loves Hollywood movies and the NY Giants (A+ for creativity) was his last alt account, he lasted way longer than all his other accounts on that one.

Hahahahaha. That is great.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, grim22 said:

Someone says the exact opposite about their Facebook feed in 3...2... The number of personal anecdotes which swing in the way people want them to swing over the past 2 days is too damn high.

hehe yeah, but I didn't check my own friends, just random ppl around the world who appeard on the latest activity

went over fir 100-120 and got tired, but it's fun see many others loved this movie after Wed heartbreak

12 minutes ago, Ozymandias said:

I think Avatar did it.

What else? I mean, in one moment a white movie, about white ice, with white actors sporting pale white faces (at least during the end of the movie) and then BANG! a movie about big, blue people, running around nearly naked and having sex using their several feet long "connectors*nudgenudgewinkwink*" and killing mostly all of the white people? I feel for him.

Naaaah.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, The Futurist said:

He was obsessed with Cameron If were are talking about the same person.

He even started to write a book about him, especially on Cameron s early days, T1 & Aliens, he knew so much about Cameron especially the fact that Fox abandoned Cameron on Avatar and that the movie was finished with other financial partners.

I think he self-published it. He would go on many a rant about how fake and false Cameron was (I think this was basically when Cameron began his big eco-push). Seemed like he was one of those guys who loved the macho, military stuff in Cameron movies, and then somehow took it personally and got really angry when "The Head Motherfucker in Charge" turned out to be kind of a peacenik treehugger.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Biggestgeekever said:

Seattle evening shows appear to not be selling out, and the Boeing IMAX 10pm theater still has over 150 tickets tickets available.

What I'm saying is, don't count on us Pacific Northwest hipsters to pull our weight in getting today over $50M. :ph34r:

My dreams are getting crushed. 

1 minute ago, incognitoo said:

What else? I mean, in one moment a white movie, about white ice, with white actors sporting pale white faces (at least during the end of the movie) and then BANG! a movie about big, blue people, running around nearly naked and having sex using their several feet long "connectors*nudgenudgewinkwink*" and killing mostly all of the white people? I feel for him.

Naaaah.

No, he was a massive Avatar fan for years. If you dared criticize it, he would tear your head off on these forums lol. But he flip-flopped on it at some point because he started believing Cameron was a fraud (nuts IMHO considering JC's track record back to 1984). 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, CJohn said:

My dreams are getting crushed. 

If it makes you feel any better shows on long island are almost all sold out. In population terms we are about 4 times that of Seattle ignoring the nyc parts

Edited by boomboom234
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, grim22 said:

Oh god, Donald! :rofl: Complete with fake "bad English". We suspected him for the longest time but couldn't crack the IP tracking for awhile.

1 minute ago, Biggestgeekever said:

*Whew* Just so long as they aren't collapsing, I don't need to feel guilty!

They are... wait for it... CRUMBLING. 

• Like 1