CJohn

BATMAN V SUPERMAN WEEKEND THREAD | 166.01M OW, New March OW Record. 420.4M WW OW.

49-53 is a great range. The low end is the exact same drop that Furious 7 had last year, and the high end can end up more than or equal to Friday.

A 165-175M weekend on the cards if the numbers hold and way more of it over performs on the West Coast.

• Like 3

Just now, John Marston said:

Damn if this makes less than The Hunger Games that would be somewhat embarrassing 

It is impossible at this point that the OW goes under THG.

1 hour ago, grey ghost said:

That theater manager should get drunk with Tele tonight and share stories.

bueMKSxsi31tK.gif

Although I just realized something that I'm truly grateful for -- that DavidBrennan got banned last year.

Can you imagine what this shit would be like if he was around? Can you?

• Like 6

Just now, Telemachos said:

bueMKSxsi31tK.gif

Although I just realized something that I'm truly grateful for -- that DavidBrennan got banned last year.

dear god.

:ohmygod:

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, incognitoo said:

131 Million "in the bank" so to speak. CJohn was right about this one; the sky really is the limit this we.

I guess this has been asked before, but I don't remember because of a spontaneous dizzyness: has there ever been a movie this badly "damaged" by reviews that nonetheless performed beyond expectations like this one? Transformers maybe?

TPM, a movie that apparently destroyed and raped people's childhoods made 7x its OW (or 4x if we include Wednesday and Thursday) for a huge total of $400+ million in 1999 ($700+ million adjusted). BvS ain't coming near that adjusted figure (Maybe even unadjusted as well).

TPM did have better reviews though. :ph34r:

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Telemachos said:

bueMKSxsi31tK.gif

He would team up with iJack and make our heads explode :P 

1 hour ago, Heat Vision said:

It was a 50/50 prediction anyone could have made.

1 hour ago, aliadiere29 said:

I think people was more mad at him making assumptions that Snyder would be fired and that Justice League would be delayed for a Batman film.

So far he isn't right.

He reported that his sources said WB was internally split about BVS. It was divisive within the studio. Some loved, some didn't. We'll never how how exactly right he was, but the response to the movie perfectly backs up his report. It's not much of a stretch to imagine the same divisive reaction within the studio as without.

Then he speculated that if the movie ended up being really divisive upon release, that WB might think about replacing Snyder on JL. We obviously don't know anything about that either, but his speculation is not only reasonable, look at all the DC fans demanding that very thing.

• Like 10

1 minute ago, TommyA10 said:

TPM, a movie that apparently destroyed and raped people's childhoods made 7x its OW (or 4x if we include Wednesday and Thursday) for a huge total of $400+ million in 1999 ($700+ million adjusted). BvS ain't coming near that adjusted figure (Maybe even unadjusted as well).

TPM did have better reviews though. :ph34r:

The backlash against The Phantom Menace didn't really start until like a year or two after it opened. Like Titanic, it wasn't an immediate thing.

• Like 1