CJohn

BATMAN V SUPERMAN WEEKEND THREAD | 166.01M OW, New March OW Record. 420.4M WW OW.

35 minutes ago, nilephelan said:

As expected, this was overestimated by $3m-$4m for the weekend.  Actuals should be closer to $167m or so.  

Like money in the bank.. Fri-sun split is going to be interesting though

166,7 seems like a very likely actual IMO

1 hour ago, Lordmandeep said:

Dc fans cannot say marvel film mediocre anymore.

None of the DC films are mediocre, though.

They are either flat out awful, or just stupidly polarizing.  

digestible film that doesn't leave much of a impression either way. Isn't that the definition of mediocre?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Matrix4You said:

ERROR ALERT - Early derby results for the top 20.  There was 52 players this week.  Some that have played once showed up.  3 new players joined.  M37, tong Kosong, and Olive.  Welcome!  The average results for 52 players is 78.628%  Unlike myself, most players got decent scores for Allegiant anticipating its huge drop.  This is something most major websites did not detect so congrats.  Of course where it hurt most was the last 2.  Whiskey Tango Foxtrot did the worst by far...  Some people did there homework and saw the theater drop and it is noticeable with this data.  Zootopia, Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, and Perfect Match will play the biggest role tomorrow with shifting around numbers.  However, we do have a clear winner that will most likely hold up.  Congratulations Simionski!!!

Here is the top twenty.  (out of 52)

1. Simionski - 93.256

2. Rolling Thunder - 90.292

3. Johnny - 87.572

4. Bates - 87.568

5. Andy LL - 87.394

6. 8wombi7 - 87.130

7. WildBill - 86.858

8. nelmsey - 86.816

9. TalismanRing - 86.755

10. CJohn - 86.697

11. Tower - 86.261

12. darkelf - 85.335

13. moviecriticguy - 85.169

14. JMorphin - 85.080

15. Olive - 84.863

16. No Prisoners - 84.568

17. Matrix4You - 83.888

18. Ash Skywalker - 83.610

19. PanaMovie - 83.003

20. Blankie Cochran - 82.494

Yeah thanks for posting after 4 or 5 great weeks this week was terrible for me 

43 minutes ago, nilephelan said:

As expected, this was overestimated by $3m-$4m for the weekend.  Actuals should be closer to $167m or so.  

And I've nailed another prediction if I don't take in consideration me wanting to go below $160m after seeing the film. I win Kal's BvS club though. Two superhero box office predictions nailed this year.

Next stop: Captain America: Civil War. B)

2 minutes ago, Cochofles said:

They will say that WB bought all the tickets or some other idiotic thing like that...

I would. 

Now that nilephelan told us its way overestimated

8 minutes ago, Goffe said:

None of the DC films are mediocre, though.

They are either flat out awful, or just stupidly polarizing.  

digestible film that doesn't leave much of a impression either way. Isn't that the definition of mediocre?

There are only two films in the DCU so far. Not exactly a large sample size. In my opinion both Man of Steel and Batman v Superman qualify as mediocre films. They have some very good things and they have some very bad things. It's a mixed bag for both of them.

• Like 2

Just now, a2knet said:

Nilephelan, like Rth, has access to real numbers which he says are ~167m for BvS. So if the ow comes in higher it won't be hateful to say WB fudged it.

Yep

1 hour ago, CJohn said:

BvS sold 107000 tickets on his OW here. 

Comparisons for OW:

Deadpool - 112000 tickets;

Avengers - 107000 tickets (5 day OW);

Age of Ultron - 101000 tickets (5 day OW);

The Dark Knight Rises - 110000 tickets.

Man of Steel sold in total here 110000 tickets.

Deadpool wins. :wub:

200w.gif

I don't think you guys are allowing but I think it's worth asking: can I get my Deadpool over Batman v Superman domestic club back? It's happening. :ph34r:

Edited by iJackSparrow
  • Like 1

Let me chime in on this whole "BvS is too dark for kids" situation.

There's nothing really higher than a hard PG, just like Man of Steel and the Dark Knight trilogy.

The only PG-13 superhero movies I've seen that really deserve their PG-13 rating are the Iron Man films, due to who Iron Man is. Maybe Cap 1. But that's it.

Edited by department store basement

1 hour ago, Lordmandeep said:

Dc fans cannot say marvel film mediocre anymore.

Other than Ant-Man and maybe Thor: Dark World (which I like it a lot) I don't think there's a good reason to call MCU films mediocre other than flame wars or flat out jealousy. It might not be for everyone's tastes, but they are lauded amazing films for good reason, you liking that or not. But hey, whatever makes you guy more comfortable. :lol: