CJohn

BATMAN V SUPERMAN WEEKEND THREAD | 166.01M OW, New March OW Record. 420.4M WW OW.

2 minutes ago, iJackSparrow said:

Other than Ant-Man and maybe Thor: Dark World (which I like it a lot) I don't think there's a good reason to call MCU films mediocre other than flame wars or flat out jealousy. It might not be for everyone's tastes, but they are lauded amazing films for good reason, you liking that or not. But hey, whatever makes you guy more comfortable.

That's a very liberal use of the word "amazing". I think in most cases "slick" would be more appropriate.

• Like 1

So i watched BvS. It was one of the most excruciating time of my life. What? No, not what you think. I had to pee so much but didn't want to miss anything. The movie was okay.

Edited by Elessar
  • Like 3

3 minutes ago, Hatebox said:

That's a very liberal use of the word "amazing". I think in most cases "slick" would be more appropriate.

If we throw public and critic consensus out of the window, we might as well call the TDK trilogy mediocre. I personally think that TDKR is terribly mediocre, but I concede that's not the overall perception. MCU films aren't perceived as mediocre other than by people involved in flame wars or not interested in the films. It's the same of saying the OT Star Wars or TFA are mediocre, when that's obvious that's not how people see it.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Hatebox said:

That's why they should call the next one 'The Slick Spider-Man' :ph34r:

Edited by a2knet
  • Like 1

Imo Ultron Im2 im3 Thor 2 are mediocre and some others.

However I do not think anyone can deny that to the the general public IM1 CA2 GOTG and Ta were widely well liked.

Dc universe has not created films like that imo.

Edited by Lordmandeep
  • Like 4

Anedoctal evidence, but a kid next to me in the screening started crying after Batman first show up and left the room with this mom only to come back a long time after. He was probably under 10. I think the too dark for kids thing is a fair statement. With Deadpool, at least the dark is always matched with great comedy.

3 minutes ago, Lordmandeep said:

Imo Ultron Im2 im3 Thor 2 are mediocre and some others.

However I do not think anyone can deny that to the the general public IM1 CA2 GOTG and Ta were widely well liked.

IM1 and GotG were amazing breakouts.

TA was meticulously planned over the years and executed with a lot of panache.

CA2 imo is a bit overrated (relative to the love it gets) but was lean, classy and very well received no doubt.

Edited by a2knet

32 minutes ago, fmpro said:

I would. 

Now that nilephelan told us its way overestimated

Or they could just move dollars from the next few days of sales.  I recall that's what was assumed to have happened with Transformers AoE.

Just now, iJackSparrow said:

Anedoctal evidence, but a kid next to me in the screening started crying after Batman first show up and left the room with this mom only to come back a long time after. He was probably under 10. I think the too dark for kids thing is a fair statement. With Deadpool, at least the dark is always matched with great comedy.

So Deadpool is obviously more kid appropriate than BvS