CJohn

BATMAN V SUPERMAN WEEKEND THREAD | 166.01M OW, New March OW Record. 420.4M WW OW.

3 minutes ago, 4815162342 said:

Another thought: Worst thing about the movie was the absolute garbage that was Wonder Woman's theme. The people here who were talking it up either have no ear for music or they embraced the Troll Luthor in them.

Speaking of which: Troll Luthor MVP. Batfleck secondary MVP.

I see you enjoyed it. I want more thoughts in the review thread. 

The Wonder Woman theme is awesome. 

Maybe I shouldn't, but I still think $30m is possible tonight. The issue is how front-loaded it is. For instance, Ultron's $27.6m Thursday night constituted 32.7% of the full $84.4m Friday number. To me, it's likely the BvS number tonight represents an even bigger piece than that. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Nova said:

There are no numbers. Yes we've made it 60+ pages because of arguing about whether this movie is good or not. It's the same thing on every page. 

oh I know that last part which is why I have zero intention of reading anything before this page :P

I was just curious if any crazy predictions came from any sites yet.  But you said no, so thank you very much for answering :) 

50 minutes ago, #ED said:

This should hit at least 20M. I wouldn't be surprised by a 18-19M.

It doesn't have to beat Ultron especially since no one expect this to pass 180M.

My prediction was 190m

18 minutes ago, grey ghost said:

Lol, kids don"t know shit.

They'll defend Jar Jar Binks while mocking Yoda in ESB.

Wrong again.

Kids don't buy truckloads of Jar Jar toys and dolls.

Go ask Hasbro if the movies didn't work for them as far as kids wanting Transformers toys.

Bay will become a Billionaire because of his Hasbro toys contract.

2 minutes ago, 75live said:

oh I know that last part which is why I have zero intention of reading anything before this page :P

I was just curious if any crazy predictions came from any sites yet.  But you said no, so thank you very much for answering :) 

In terms of previews, no sites have given anything out yet officially. A few members on here have it anywhere from 18M to possibly over 30M...crazy I know. But the latest overall Box Office prediction is around $170M from Box Office Mojo. 

7 minutes ago, somebody85 said:

Predicting that the reactions out of the gate will be "not as bad as the reviews are saying. pretty good! to awesome!" 

Idk, reactions during the movie were pretty meh - at least until one as... until one clown had to make a comparsion of Bats' eyeglow to... well, I guess in english its called a nightlight. Afterwards there were always one or two jokers starting to giggle when somebodys eyes lit up. Which led to even more giggling in the audience and... *sigh*.

Well for what its worth, the house was nearly sold out (about 400 seats), nobody talked about the bad buzz on the way to the screening hall and before the lights were going dim, but there were some pretty harsh statements afterwards.

But in the end this doesn't really tell us much, as the reactions with the next crowd could be going exactly the opposite way. Time to pray to the great god of the boxoffice.

Oh RTH, do you hear our plea?

10 minutes ago, CJohn said:

The Wonder Woman theme is awesome. 

No way man, it just sounds like a more razz-ma-tazz version of whatever gear grinding Henry Jackman did for the Winter Solder theme

• Like 1

1 minute ago, 4815162342 said:

No way man, it just sounds like a more razz-ma-tazz version of whatever gear grinding Henry Jackman did for the Winter Solder theme

I forgive you because you liked Troll Luthor. 

14 minutes ago, druv10 said:

Just got out, not particularly happy about it. It's a jumbled mess, too many storylines. Editing is all over the place as well. Honestly, BvS easily could have split into 2 movies. Batman is easily the best part of the movie while Superman the worst. Brutal and efficient nature of Batman fighting style was impressive. Affleck was great, no question about it. Now to Superman, smfh, Snyder can screw himself with that portrayal. I don't want give details but if you're a Superman fan you're going to be disappointed. Gal is fine as WW. Overall, 5.5/10 maybe 6 but that's being generous. Snyder needs to gtfo off of JL.

Is Affleck better than Bale if you had to choose one?