Star Wars Episode II: Attack of the Clones

57 members have voted

1. 1. Review Attack of the Clones

• A
    • B
    • C
    • D
    • F

A. I actually love the prequels, and this one is actually my favorite of the pres. Must have something to do with the gladiator stuff. Love it , love it, love it. And Obi Wan is awesome. I'd love it if they made some Jedi Apprentice movies, or a mini series (they are actual books on Obi Wan and his adventures with Qui Gon, and I enjoyed them)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Star Wars Marathon

Episode II - Attack of the Clones

With this film, I came to the conclusion that the prequels are bad because the really awful script, everything else is serviceable to good (this is the best looking). The ATOC'S plot is much better than TPM's, but unfortunately, it's easier to screw up a more complex plot than a simpler plot, that's why TPM is better than ATOC. Action wise, we have both sides of the spectrum, the excellent like the Clone Wars and the terrible like Jango Fett vs Obi-Wan Kenobi. The romance becomes more shallow through the movie, it starts terrible in Naboo, acceptable after they go to Tatooine and really good after the factory action scene.

Original score: B (75)

New score: C- (40)

WTF 1

Posted Image

WTF 2 - It must be Uwe Boll that filmed this

WTF 3 - Can anyone brother to explain me why Jedi ALWAYS drops the lightsaber?

Edited by Goffe
  • Like 2

nah it's a solar sail. The technology gets briefly mocked in Armageddon in the beginning of the movie (but that's for moving an asteroid the size of Texas not something a couple dozen meters in size) but it is considered hypothetically viable in the near future, but likely incredibly cost-prohibitive for a good long while.

I thought that it was about on par with TPM. Better some aspects and worse in some other aspects.

I liked the action and the CGI. The battle at the end of the movie was awesome.

Hayden Christensen's acting was pretty bad and the romance part of the movie was really stupid. I can't believe they made Anakin's plot for nearly the entire movie just him off somewhere with Padme doing basically nothing.

• Like 1

Nothing redeeming about it.  Bad performances, no interesting or compelling characters, dialogue so bad that no self aware person could write, and the whole movie looks like a colorful video game with cartoony action.  The worst of the prequels.

Doesn't get a pass or some slack because its a Star Wars movie.

F

• Like 4

Unfortunately, Lucas couldn't help but stay in total control, rather than delgating directing duties to someone less...emotionally involved as he did with ESB. The result is a film that feels like a story written by a teen whose friends/family tell him its great so he receives no true criticism before giving it to a teacher for review. Only Lucas could make Natalie Portman look wooden. 

That said, there are a lot of redeeming parts of AOTC. Ewan McGregor's portrayal of Obi-Wan Kenobi is excellent. The interplay between him and Anakin is a lot of fun. The scene in which Anakin kills the sand people for murdering his mother is a classic Star Wars scene. And at least it doesn't have a bunch of kids and Jar Jar.

Christopher Lee is in it, so how bad can it be?

B-

• Like 2