WrathOfHan

Weekend Estimates : BVS 52.39M | Zootopia 20M | Wedding 11.13M | God's Not Dead 8.1M | Sun Rth - Bvs 12 or 14.2, Zoo 5.3, MBFGW2 2.8, GND2 2

1 minute ago, Biggestgeekever said:

Sub $300M is ridiculous. Sub Spider-Man 3, though, that's entirely possible if Friday is indeed around $15M. 

WB is gonna have to figure out something quick. International holds appear to be quite bad too, so it's indeed possible it'll miss $900M WW, and heads will fucking roll if that happens.

This many times this..... Sub 300 is just not happening, it would have to be totally unprecedented and there is no way BvS is worse off than Twilight in that regard.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Ryan Reynolds said:

suppose to start shooting in a week or two, they could delay it to Summer 2018, but I doubt they fit a Batman film in between

Filming for this began somewhat in the Fall of 2013 when it was going to be a Summer 2015 release which was then pushed back by almost a year (we'll never know for sure but I'm gonna go out on a limb and say it was because they were aware they had a troubled film on their hands, hence all of the reports of the studio being nervous about it). If nothing has started yet (like casting hasn't been finalized), then I'm sure they can halt production for a bit.

Yeah sub 300 isn't happening. I'd probably say 320 is worst worst case scenario.

Two days ago though I was saying 350 million would probably be worst case and the movie has surpassed my expectations!

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, TalismanRing said:

Sucker Punch lost over 40% of it's theaters in it's 3rd w/e and then another 2/3rd a w/e later.  That won't happen to BvS, too little competition and it's numbers are of course higher.

This is true, had forgotten about that - however it would be interesting to track Bvs from 2nd weekend against the entire run of watchman :)

I will say this much, if a film is going to fail, I would rather it implode dramatically (like coming under 325/SP3/Etc) than to underperform on a hohum level (340)

Either way you look at it - Snyder doesn't generally deliver legs with his films - the only exceptions being 300 & Guardians (which benefited from being a kid's film)

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, filmlover said:

That's been the case with the second half of April since forever. It's all a build-up to the start of summer. I mean, just look at the movies opening the weekend before Captain America.

I was talking about the first half. :lol:  The second half at least has Jungle Book and er.... The Huntsman (which will probably open lower than Noah and certainly lower than Divergent  did in 2014)   But now there are so many potential tent poles so that they're spreading them out into Feb, March and early April that having only one film with the possibility to open over $20m (Boss) over two weekends (April 1st and April 8th) seems like a huge lost opportunity.   That Jodie Foster/Clooney movie should have moved in there - maybe even the Shane Black flick.

5 minutes ago, Fake said:

If Friday number is under 16M, then 350M is gone.....

Seriously..... FUCK SNYDER!!!

New target for BvS: Get 2x multiplier.

332,014,694 - STILL under Spiderman 3 (and remember when that gross was considered a disappointment!)

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Fake said:

If Friday number is under 16M, then 350M is gone.....

Seriously..... FUCK SNYDER!!!

New target for BvS: Get 2x multiplier.

I sincerely hope more people come around to this. The DCCU can live if Snyder leaves after this. But it just won't survive if he keeps getting any kind of active voice on this. A2knet is wrong saying that I'm gleefully saying this stuff. People that have followed me for time enough should remember that I've defended Snyder to no fucking end before Man of Steel. I actually like Sucker Punch for what it was, it's a fun mess. Watchmen was for a long time in my superhero films top ten, and it's still a film that I like a lot, even though it doesn't come close to the brilliance of the original book, I get it and for all its faults it still is a fucking great film. I wish I couldn't hate BvS, I wish I've liked Man of Steel more, but it's clearly not just me, and there's still time to save the DCCU, and while I feel bad for Snyder, I feel even worse for Ben and especially Cavill. They know these characters, and I feel that given the chance they'll do more than visually look the part. So while it sucks for Snyder, it sucks for us too, and sucks most of all to the actors involved. They just need to take their time to get these characters right, keep the actors and come exploding with Justice League with Joss Whedon or someone else around 2019-20. 

7 minutes ago, GiantCALBears said:

To recap guys Deadpool's 2nd Friday $16.2m, BvS $15.5m... Story of the year both ways.

Where did 15m come from? Rth said 18-19m earlier before I fell asleep. Did rth cone back with a update? I'll be overjoyed if true.

Are the $15.5- $17.5m updates an April fools joke?

That's a catastrophic drop. It means the movie will end up with just $50-$70m more than Man of Steel domestically, surely that can't be what WB was going for.

This has to be an April Fools joke (even though today's the 2nd of April :sadben:).