WrathOfHan

Weekend Estimates : BVS 52.39M | Zootopia 20M | Wedding 11.13M | God's Not Dead 8.1M | Sun Rth - Bvs 12 or 14.2, Zoo 5.3, MBFGW2 2.8, GND2 2

9 minutes ago, aliadiere29 said:

Maybe they did think it was a good movie. Apparently elmayimbe said other cuts of the movie got tested really positively to the one that was shown in the theater. Not sure if it's true, but that's what he said.

There's a guy on SHH who said he'd seen that cut. He gave it a point higher than the theatrical cut, that the plots and sup-plots made more sense and there're more character development. Doesn't matter if he's a valid source or not because I'm going to buy that ultimate cut anyway.

And I don't believe they though highly of the movie. They wouldn't have shown all the best bits in the marketing had they trusted the WOM could carry the movie.

• Like 1

Just now, syntaxerror said:

Considering it still has several markets left to open, where will Zootopia's Worldwide BO end up?

Domestic looks on track for 330, doing very well in China with 200+2 more weeks in theatres...

only Japan left.

1 minute ago, a2knet said:

You get shit because you were saying sub-300m TODAY, a few hours back. A couple of hours back you said sub-10m Sunday THIS weekend.

So back off.

I get shit because I give you the scenario that this thing is actually going for? Don't you see that these characters are way more important to me than a fucking stupid bad movie? I'm on your side, man. But not for the flame wars, not for the rush of being in the winner's side or getting to belong to a fandom. I belong to both and it guts me. I never said that sub-$300m was a reality, but an honest to god possibility. I can see it going as low as $316m at this point and it could get worse. Competition will start hard and kill the rest of whatever legs this has. Whatever justification you can give, the box office is speaking loud and clear. 

"Think about these characters first", LOL, like Zack doesn't care about these characters, guess what? he does, even if you don't agree with his take on it. I love what Zack is doing, like many others, unfortunately, it seems the rest of the world is mixed on the matter, so, in the sake of making more money and being more widely liked, WB will probably give a few guidelines, as long as it doesn't dilute what makes those DC movies DC, because to me, it's ten times more interesting than what the competition is doing (and I love what they're doing, there's just no surprise, no risks). 

I'm not spinning anything, 900 M WW would definitely be disappointing but still good, we've all become jaded with films like AOU doing 1.6 billion or TFA doing 2 billion +. BvS is coming off of MOS which had a mixed reception too, it's not coming off of TDK or TDKR, so, this is growth, all WB can do is take what they get, make up with merchandise, and DVD/BR sales and whatever, and take notes for next time.

WB is taking risks, and it's not working with everyone, they'll just have to make some adjustements. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, syntaxerror said:

Got to say though, Zootopia is doing amazing.

I think it might get to Minions.

Any moment now a sequel should be announced.

Disney never announces WDA sequels so soon. It took them a long time to announce Frozen 2.

4 minutes ago, a2knet said:

Can we have a limit on number of words in a post to prevent hypothetical ass-faces from posting walls of texts?

Can we don't attack users and remember the poison the well rule? I didn't attack you, just called you out in your actions. I'm just as pissed as you are if you haven't realized.

1 minute ago, TimmyRiggins said:

"Think about these characters first", LOL, like Zack doesn't care about these characters, guess what? he does, even if you don't agree with his take on it. I love what Zack is doing, like many others, unfortunately, it seems the rest of the world is mixed on the matter, so, in the sake of making more money and being more widely liked, WB will probably give a few guidelines, as long as it doesn't dilute what makes those DC movies DC, because to me, it's ten times more interesting than what the competition is doing (and I love what they're doing, there's just no surprise, no risks). 

I'm not spinning anything, 900 M WW would definitely be disappointing but still good, we've all become jaded with films like AOU doing 1.6 billion or TFA doing 2 billion +. BvS is coming off of MOS which had a mixed reception too, it's not coming off of TDK or TDKR, so, this is growth, all WB can do is take what they get, make up with merchandise, and DVD/BR sales and whatever, and take notes for next time.

WB is taking risks, and it's not working with everyone, they'll just have to make some adjustements. 

They can't keep taking these risks.

There's no way Justice League will get the amount of buzz that Batman v Superman got.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, a2knet said:

Can we have a limit on number of words in a post to prevent hypothetical ass-faces from posting walls of texts?

1 minute ago, iJackSparrow said:

Can we don't attack users and remember the poison the well rule? I didn't attack you, just called you out in your actions. I'm just as pissed as you are if you haven't realized.

My post does not mention you or anyone by name. Glad you thought I was talking about you.

1 minute ago, TimmyRiggins said:

Yeah lets spend 250M on shooting budget + 150M  on movie promotion to satisfy some Snyder die hard fans. Wake up dude!!!!!

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, syntaxerror said:

Considering it still has several markets left to open, where will Zootopia's Worldwide BO end up?

Domestic looks on track for 330, doing very well in China with 200+2 more weeks in theatres...

It only has one market left, and it's Japan.

3 minutes ago, TimmyRiggins said:

Wait, are we defining 'making a movie with three of the most well known, popular superheroes in the world' as ' taking a risk' now?

As opposed to Marvel with their boring sure-fire hits of 'Guardians of the Galaxy' and 'Ant-Man'.

• Like 14

1 minute ago, rukaio101 said:

Wait, are we defining 'making a movie with three of the most well known, popular superheroes in the world' as ' taking a risk' now?

As opposed to Marvel with their boring sure-fire hits of 'Guardians of the Galaxy' and 'Ant-Man'.

:lol:B)

• Like 1

Selective reading for the win ! 

There's nothing outrageous about my post, there's no spinning, this is disappointing, sure, they'll still make money, they're not going to fold, YOU CANT EXPECT TO CATCH UP TO MARVEL ON TWO MOVIES, WB is doing it differently and the results are mixed so far.

The movie promotion? Whatever, that's all being paid for by partnerships. We don't know the budget for sure, Zack says it's cheaper than MOS which was 225 M, so I guess the real number is not 250, but anyway, doesn't matter. 

If they market JL well, inject some lightness and fun (can't believe I'm saying this) in the trailers, sort of making a statement that JL (even though it's been said it'd be lighter) is not going to be as "heavy" as BvS, if they sell it well, and the reviews are better, than there's no reason this can't do more than BvS. Also, it seems from rumors that JL might have a heavy Atlantis element to it, gotta say, if we get a sort of Atlantis battle arc in the film like the comics, this could be really awesome. 

Of course Zack and everyone's going to be "well, gotta give the people more of what they want I guess".

• Like 1