WrathOfHan

Weekend Estimates : BVS 52.39M | Zootopia 20M | Wedding 11.13M | God's Not Dead 8.1M | Sun Rth - Bvs 12 or 14.2, Zoo 5.3, MBFGW2 2.8, GND2 2

8 minutes ago, SteveJaros said:

Yeah, IMO this is an example of the positive impact that good reviews and word of mouth can have. Basically, everyone who has seen this film, critic or regular audience member, has liked it. So lots of "oh, you should go see it, it's so funny" talk and the like having an impact on these holds.

I didn't like it.

19 minutes ago, Olive said:

900M without Japan.

So, if Japan's performance is also above expectations... 1 billion dollars WW?

That just sounds surreal. Just last year I thought Zootopia was gonna be lame and the Disney 3D Renaissance's first critical and commercial bomb. How motherfucking wrong I was.

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, Baumer said:

Id love to see mbfgw leg it out to 100

It would be cool if the sequel would have good legs as well. It wont come near the original but at least it won't likely be an embarrassment either

4 hours ago, a2knet said:

I don't even recall FSS before reading dhd articles on BVS.

Haven't heard anyone use it except them.

FSS Industry term been around for centuries, ok not that long but close enough and yes not something you see used regularly  in media 

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, Rth said:

FSS Industry term been around for centuries, ok not that long but close enough and yes not something you see used regularly  in media 

Ah ok.

So only DHD and Tele use it.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, forg said:

Just noticed Allegiant is still only over 50M on its 3rd week.  Almost everyone in this forum predicted that harsh drop but Lionsgate didn't? They didn't even shoot the part 2 back to back like Mockinjay to save money at least

Or they did see the box office numbers coming and that is why did not film the final film and did not promote this one well.

A documentary against the idea of religion is Religulous (literally Religion + Ridiculous), by Bill Maher. Irrespective of your beliefs it's worth a watch imo and if nothing else is funny enough thanks to Bill. It's not as offensive towards the religious as the title suggests. Bill interviews and debates a lot of diverse people.

Edited by a2knet
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, MCKillswitch123 said:

So, if Japan's performance is also above expectations... 1 billion dollars WW?

That just sounds surreal. Just last year I thought Zootopia was gonna be lame and the Disney 3D Renaissance's first critical and commercial bomb. How motherfucking wrong I was.

Japan not a big SH country. Likely to do 25m max  Especially with current XR

1B is not happening which is a disaster. 900M are probably not happening either. WOM is terrible. I just don't see how WB can move forward with JL with Snyder with this kind of results.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, CJohn said:

1B is not happening which is a disaster. 900M are probably not happening either. WOM is terrible. I just don't see how WB can move forward with JL with Snyder with this kind of results.

We'll soon find out! It starts shooting a week tomorrow. 

All along I've thought around $900 million, and that was before anyone saw it. With word as mixed as it is, it's still a gigantic number. We're in trouble if we think almost a billion dollars is a disaster. 

I can't see anyone declaring it underwhelming if Jungle Book doesn't make a billion dollars, falling short with $900 million. That would be seen as a huge hit and we all know Disney have spent a shit load on it. A film that will generate nowhere near the merchandise revenue of BvS. 

Yes I know it's BATMAN and SUPERMAN, but it's far from a disaster. 

Edited by wildphantom
  • Like 3