WrathOfHan

Weekend Estimates : BVS 52.39M | Zootopia 20M | Wedding 11.13M | God's Not Dead 8.1M | Sun Rth - Bvs 12 or 14.2, Zoo 5.3, MBFGW2 2.8, GND2 2

4 minutes ago, Nova said:

She was in a movie with Blake Lively a few years ago and she made Blake Lively look like a good actress. I didn't know that was even possible but it happened. :ph34r:

Blake is not even that bad, tbh. She was great in Age of Adaline, actually, this movie was awesome, easily one of the best surprises of last year

• Like 4

Just now, Mockingjay Raphael said:

Blake is not even that bad, tbh. She was great in Age of Adaline, actually, this movie was awesome, easily one of the best surprises of last year

Yea she was good in The Town too and I enjoyed the Age of Adaline as well...I mean she was the reason why that movie was any good. She's not a great actress but not bad either. I think Gossip Girl ruined her as an actress in terms of reputation because she was paid to just be gorgeous on that show and a lot of people associate her acting talent based on that show. 

1 minute ago, Bishop54 said:

No way does BvS stay that high with actuals.

It's not. But you can't expect WB to let estimates be at $50M or below. Just like they let estimates for OW be at $170M to claim it was their highest opening. And this isn't a knock at WB...a lot of studios do this cause they want the good press to come through. 

2 minutes ago, Walt Disney said:

I disagree with that because I felt that WB had something unique that Disney/Marvel didn't have. Disney/Marvel has the 1 iconic superhero with Spider-Man. WB has 2 iconic superheroes with Superman and Batman. So WB has 1 movie which is the huge crossover where Superman and Batman are finally in the same movie together. Then, they have another huge movie where the Justice League are in the same movie together.

Disney/Marvel doesn't have any character on that level to cross Spider-Man over with, and they didn't even have access to Spider-Man at the time of the Avengers. So they had to make The Avengers when they did. WB had Batman already established, and a change in actor doesn't change the familiarity with the character, as witnessed by Batman Forever's success, despite it being Val Kilmer's first (and only) movie as Batman. Superman was already established previously, but WB made Man of Steel anyway to re-establish him. That was enough for them to make big money with a cross-over of Superman and Batman.

If they went to Justice league right away, then they'd be leaving money on the table. They did the right thing by making a Superman and Batman cross-over film before the Justice League. The reason the movie didn't do well is not because they didn't do a Ben Affleck Batman solo film first or because they didn't do the Justice League first. The reason the movie didn't do well is because it wasn't a good movie.

Yet, even with the bad movie that they made, WB is still in great shape because this was just their Superman and Batman cross-over film. They still have another chance with the Justice League. They just need to make sure they make a good movie this time.

I don't often present ideas that make the best monetary, or business sense. Mostly because business sense is not something I have. I tend to think more on ideas I find interesting.

When I say JL first, I meant, before MoS, before any of the DC shared universe movies. You introduce this universe with the JL. It would have, in my mind, been the most interesting thing to do. But that is my opinion.

5 hours ago, Telemachos said:

MBFGW2 is quietly having a nice little run.

It's probably going to make more than Allegiant, which is even more embarrassing for that movie lol. Guess that goes to show how popular the original was.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Nova said:

Yea she was good in The Town too and I enjoyed the Age of Adaline as well...I mean she was the reason why that movie was any good. She's not a great actress but not bad either. I think Gossip Girl ruined her as an actress in terms of reputation because she was paid to just be gorgeous on that show and a lot of people associate her acting talent based on that show. 

Gossip Girl ruined the carreer of everyone, tbh. :ph34r: 

Leighton tried to have a carreer in both cinema and music, and failed in both, Taylor Momsen also tried to have a carreer in music and flopped (despite her music being really good)... Blake was actually the one who had better luck

Just now, RandomJC said:

I don't often present ideas that make the best monetary, or business sense. Mostly because business sense is not something I have. I tend to think more on ideas I find interesting.

When I say JL first, I meant, before MoS, before any of the DC shared universe movies. You introduce this universe with the JL. It would have, in my mind, been the most interesting thing to do. But that is my opinion.

I understand what you are saying and I even agree with you that Man of Steel wasn't necessary. But, once Superman and Batman are in the same movie together, then that's it. You can't recreate that event. So if you make a Justice League movie first, then you can never make another movie afterwards where Superman and Batman are in the same movie for the first time. However, if you make the Superman and Batman movie first, then you can add in the rest of the Justice League characters in another movie.