WrathOfHan

Weekend Estimates : BVS 52.39M | Zootopia 20M | Wedding 11.13M | God's Not Dead 8.1M | Sun Rth - Bvs 12 or 14.2, Zoo 5.3, MBFGW2 2.8, GND2 2

5 minutes ago, BKB IS CAPTAIN AMERICA said:

Damn straight.. It sure worked for BvsS for how not 1 show sold out til the damn day of release and even then, it was 1 IMAX show with the rest of the shows being in 2D.. That's something The AVENGERS had no problem doing was selling out.. St.Louis simply loves MARVEL and tolerates DC Movies I suppose???

BVS did have record previews. TA had sell outs with 18.5m previews but BVS barely had them with 27.7m at your theater. So what happend in St. Louis with OD sell outs was not indicative of the national performance. After a few days BVS crashed but it's previews and OD were great enough for sell-outs even if St. Louis did not show it.

Edited by a2knet

Considering SS was getting more trailer views online then BvS before WB has ramped up marketing, there is interest and I think it look different enough from BvS to break out. There's less expectations for it to do mega business, WB would be happy if it does GOTG numbers.

Warning: Extrapolating this far out decreases accuracy greatly. But here goes some BvS predictions...

Week 2: $65.3 million (-64%), cume $274.4 million
Week 3: $31.9 million (-51.1%), cume $306.4 million
Week 4: $15.6 million (-51.1%), cume $322 million
Week 5: $6.3 million (-59.7%), cume $328.3 million
Week 6: $2.79 million (-55.8%), cume $331.1 million
Week 7: $1.03 million (-63.2%), cume $332.1 million
Week 8 (thru Tue): $242 thousand (-74.4% from prev thru-Tue), cume $332.3 million

My model as it stands now "breaks down" after day 54, going into impossible outcomes (negative grosses, etc.). That will change as time goes on, but right now, it's predicting a total domestic gross of $332.3 million.

Edited by johnboy3434
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, John Marston said:

how do you think the DC schedule will change? I still wouldn't be surprised if Justice League gets delayed. Cyborg and Aquaman films get stalled for now, and they focus primarily on a Batfleck movie. 

Cyborg looks the least salable.

I am very much looking forward to Aquaman. It's under-water environment sets it apart from all other CBMs.

Edited by a2knet

Just now, GiantCALBears said:

A lot of positives this weekend outside of the horror from #1, Zootopia, 10CL, Deadpool hell even MBFGW2 all had really nice holds.

But Gods Not Dead 2 isn't setting the world on fire :( 

10 minutes ago, johnboy3434 said:

Warning: Extrapolating this far out decreases accuracy greatly. But here goes some BvS predictions...

Week 2: $65.3 million (-64%), cume $274.4 million
Week 3: $31.9 million (-51.1%), cume $306.4 million
Week 4: $15.6 million (-51.1%), cume $322 million
Week 5: $6.3 million (-59.7%), cume $328.3 million
Week 6: $2.79 million (-55.8%), cume $331.1 million
Week 7: $1.03 million (-63.2%), cume $332.1 million
Week 8 (thru Tue): $242 thousand (-74.4% from prev thru-Tue), cume $332.3 million

My model as it stands now "breaks down" after day 54, going into impossible outcomes (negative grosses, etc.). That will change as time goes on, but right now, it's predicting a total domestic gross of $332.3 million.

I think it will take a bigger hit in Week 4 than 5 when Jungle Book opens and takes away most of it's big screens including IMAX

Started this podcast with the hopes the forum would jump in and start asking questions and maybe we could get forum guests on one day making it an unofficial BOT podcast. I started a thread for it in the Speakeasy HERE 

Batman V Superman breakdown is up if you want to check it out  http://cinemasesh.libsyn.com/005-batman-v-superman-sesh

• Like 3

Shazam and Cyborg look shaky but I think Shazam might happen since it's made by New Line rather than WB. Flash, Aquaman, GL Corps and Batman are the likely solo films along with potential sequels to SS and Wonder Woman

20 minutes ago, movieboner said:

DC fanboys should blame Zack Snyder and WB, not Disney and Marvel for the disappointing outcome of this film. I've been hearing out of this world conspiracy theories about Disney trying to destroy the DCCU.....it's comedy central.

I'm surprised, with all these "conspiracy theories" going around, no one has blamed Jennifer Garner yet.

Because such diabolical happenings could only be the work of Sydney Bristow.

:ph34r:

1 hour ago, SWXII said:

There is a 300M club. Looks like it will make it despite Jungle Book. Mickey calls it a win win.

There's quite a few people in the club too.  A fair number of folks thought it could make it.